seat springs...

-

Duster7286

Reaction score
getting ready to install new seat covers, my d/s front seat is sagging.
i think one of the springs is broke.. anyone know where to get new spring or how to install thanks for any help
its a 72 with split armrest bench

I had a couple broken springs when I redid my seats. I just welded them where they broke. They have been great so far!

I might be looking at the same thing - lots of weird "springy" noises when I sit. A spring may not be broken. Maybe you just need to hog ring some springs back to each other to get everything squared away.

I had a couple broken springs when I redid my seats. I just welded them where they broke. They have been great so far!

How long have you been using the seat since you welded the springs? I am contemplating doing the same.

A year and a half. I had three broken on the drivers side, and one on the passenger. I was always wondering why my seat sat so low on that side. I also put new burlap over the springs, and re-built up the foam where it had compressed over the years to get the proper fill. Much more comfortable now! Night and Day difference.

A year and a half. I had three broken on the drivers side, and one on the passenger. I was always wondering why my seat sat so low on that side. I also put new burlap over the springs, and re-built up the foam where it had compressed over the years to get the proper fill. Much more comfortable now! Night and Day difference.

I just recovered my Dart buckets. Rather than use burlap to keep the springs from wearing away at the foam from normal use. I used the thickest vinyl top material on top of the springs. Just a suggestion

Thanks, I have one broken spring and I will weld it up when I recover the seats. Mine is sitting low too.

-
Back