Seat Upholestery Question

-

jd340

Reaction score
This might seem like a dumb question,but here's the scoop.Dad bought a 69 Dart in December. We're getting ready to order new seat covers,etc. for it. Pulled the interior out today and found a buildsheet in the rear bench seatback. Decoded it here (Thanks FABO!), and if the sheet matches the seats, then front and rear benches came out of a 71 Dart.

NOW, what I need to know is, if I order new seat covers for a 69 Dart, will they physically fit the 71 seats? Would I be better off ordering for a 71 instead?

Thanks for any/all help. Dad's finally back into the hobby, so anything I can do to help him along, I'll do. After all, it's because all his "war" stories over the years, that I love these little A-bodies myself!

the base of the rear seat changed when those seat belts got retracters in the back corners. Not sure what year that was.

I think we're gonna go with 71 covers. The seat back release on 69s are at the base, whereas the 71s are up by your shoulder. That, and the fact that we have the 71 seats now, and Dad likes the pattern as is. Thanks for your help!

-
Back