Seats with integrated seat belts

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am replacing the front bench in my 65 Dart Vert and am thinking about going with seats that have the integrated shoulder belt. I have a few cars I know of but was wondering if any of you may know of some so I can begin my junk yard search as the weather starts to turn. I am thinking mid 95-05 sebring but the more options I have to look for at the yards and swap meets the better. My only requirement would be that it comes from a 2 door so it has the front folding ability for passengers in the rear.
Thanks guys

I have seen Sebring Convert. seats with integeral shoulder strap used. I am going to try find a set for my 4-door valiant.

get the 96-99 sebring vert seats, the 2000 work but are wired a little differently. newer than that has the seat belts wired in with the airbags and won't work.
also be sure to add strength to the floor so you AND the seat don't fly through the windshield in a wreck.

corvair kid has all the answers. http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

heres mine with 2000 sebring vert seats...

Attachments

• may26,2012 024_1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,880
  • floor 007_1.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,632
Do you have to use the sensor or do they have the inertia lock too, meaning if I slam forward the belts lock? What do you have to hook up to electrically if you used the sensors? Thanks

there were'nt any sensors in mine, just a module with (i guess) an inertia lock. I took all the wiring for the seats from the donor car, but when i eliminated all the unnessessary junk it really wasn't too hard to figure out.

I did the sebring seats in my dart. 1996-1999 years work great.
you do need the wiring and the black box/sensor to utilize the safety locks in the seatbelts, you can also use the 2000 and up seats BUT you need to get the 69-99 wiring harness and box.

I aslo used the corvair kid site. http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm
I grabbed all the wiring under the seats going to the console to make sure I got the whole ball of wiring. I love the feel of the seats and the drivers side is POWER, and the passengers side when you tilt the seat back forward unlocks the track so you can slide the seat forward to get in the back easier, sweet to me!

View attachment DSCF3671.jpg

I have a pair sitting in my Daughters Car trying to figure bout the "Tracks" and how to mod them so I can bolt them in. ('65 Barracuda) I will beef up the floor. Pics. speak louder than words for me. LOL! thanks, Tim:happy1:

I have a pair sitting in my Daughters Car trying to figure bout the "Tracks" and how to mod them so I can bolt them in. ('65 Barracuda) I will beef up the floor. Pics. speak louder than words for me. LOL! thanks, Tim:happy1:
mine are ugly but you will get the idea of how easy the sebring bolted in
I just used 1"x1"x1/8th angle and drilled for the stock sebring seat bolts. then I did another bolt (3/8th by 1 1/2 grade 8) that went through the floorpan with a 3"x6" 1/8 support plate on the bottom. if it tears out now there won't be a car left to fix! them babies are in solid pic 3 shows the circles where I was drilling the through bolts.

both rear inner seat brackets close to the hump were turned so that the angle was down insread of updo I could drill through and weld a nut on the bottom
View attachment DSCF2893.JPG
the rear seat pan was made 44"x6" with a 1" lip like a j channel used in vinyl siding (to give strength and something I could weld the mounting brackets on to.
View attachment DSCF2894.JPG
black circles are where I drilled throught the bracket and floor pan using the support plates on the bottom of the car. the 2 inner ones are close and I should have made them 3 inches long instead of 2 but they fit!
View attachment seat through bolts.jpg

Attachments

• pass seat fwd.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,644
  • ft & rear seats.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2,174
  • pass seat rails.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,482
Complete list of SIRS (seat integrated restraint system) cars is attached...

Attachments

• www_ncbi_nlm_nih_gov.1 (1).pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 303
-
Back