sebring convertible seat belt question

-

LJ67barracuda340

Reaction score
does any member have a sebring convertible early 2000's. I have thought about using a pair of their buckets in my 67 fastback for the shoulder belt in the seat back feature. Every one I've checked out at the wreckers the shoulder belt wont extend. Do they need power or someone sitting on a sensor or something to unlock the belt. or are these all busted. the cars weren't in a crash so that's not the issue.

Larry

Mine work fine, from a 2005 I think, only thing I hooked up to them was some power for the driver's side to make the seat go back and forth.

I've installed these in several customers convertibles. They need power to them to release the belt! They work great.

Yup, great seats. Make sure you get all the wiring for it, especially the module under the seat. You won't need all of them, but they're all wadded together so get em.

The first gen sebrings (96-00) have the timer module under the console. If you find a second gen (01-06) limited you may find one they has heated seats. Look at the top switch on the console to see if it has that option or not. If so pull the switch and assorted wiring for it. The only downfall to going with the second gen is you are only relying on a cam mechinism to lock the belt I. Case of an accident. Earlier models lock the belt tight electronically with the timer module in case of an accident. Later modules went to the air bag system to set them off. If you notice on the later ones there is a small round barrel attached to the side of the seat that has a charge in it equal to about a 22 that gets set off in case of an accident that pulls the belt tight. That wi not work on a retrofit

does any member have a sebring convertible early 2000's. I have thought about using a pair of their buckets in my 67 fastback for the shoulder belt in the seat back feature. Every one I've checked out at the wreckers the shoulder belt wont extend. Do they need power or someone sitting on a sensor or something to unlock the belt. or are these all busted. the cars weren't in a crash so that's not the issue.

Larry

the 1996-9 sebring seats work just fine IF you get the harness that's under the console and the little black box. yeah they need power to work(extend and lock,so get as much of the harnses as you can) make sure that you find some seats that the top release lever works on too! mostly those are the first thing to go. also look out (bring lawn mower battery to test wiring) for power seat function too. I had to go back and get the bottom forward/reverse motor for my drivers seat.

use the corvairkids wiring diagram
it's in this link somewhere.
http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

you can use the 2000 year and up seats BUT you have to adapt the 99 down sebring wiring harness , seatbelts (completely from an earlier version) and black box to it since the 2000 model moved the belt operations to the computer instead of a black box, plus I think it's a setup like an airbag thing. ALL the seat connectors are different shape from 99 and up than the 96-7-8 and yes the 2000 and up seats are nicer(easier to find too!) but a lot harder to wire up since you are adapting everything, power seat function and seat belt setup, connectors and all.

I have 97's in my 66 (front and rear seats)
View attachment -0681.jpg

thanks all for all the info. I'll keep checking here for more. this is the site to ask ?. today I went to the cold, cold, wreckers, (Ontario Can) and found a good pair of 2000 seats + harness ,,, wait for it,,,, $51.00. I'll take all the great advice and make them work,,, if not they'll be great in the shop to watch the races on TV with ..LOL. My wife Nicole will be much happier with the shoulder belt now. thanks Larry

An option if you find a set that isn't in the greatest shape are the Iggee seat covers. They fit pretty nicely and come in a variety of colors. Here is a pic on a set a friend put in his car
main.php

-
Back