Seed truck??

-
Honestly, I not trying to be negative...just realistic.

The work you put into the truck is fine, but the price has gone up beyond the quick flip value. I’m sure it will eventually sell, but at your price you will need to wait for just the right buyer. If the work you did was to expedite the sale, it’s well spent. But how much do you want to make for your efforts at the expense of having your money tied up and not taking out the profits quickly?

You’ve done all the work that the average buyer of a truck like this expects to do so that they get a great deal on the initial price just like you did. If a fast sale is what you want with a good profit, price it to sell fast by giving the buyer a great deal that they can’t pass up...and laugh all the way to the bank with a nice profit for your work.

I just think you have fallen in love with it and now see what you think it should be worth, rather than focusing on the fast flip profit you originally set out to get.
Also I do love the truck it's pretty cool. I won't mind driving it like I said for another month or so. I've got a little time to wait out a buyer. If it ain't gone by the first week of April after the big swap meet I'll evaluate at that point a little bit of a fire sale. for now let's just use it for firewood. My wife likes the fact that it's a bit lower and easier to load and unload as she does most of that..
IMG_20190304_151310.jpg
IMG_20190304_151324.jpg
IMG_20190304_151340.jpg
IMG_20190304_151348.jpg

Also I do love the truck it's pretty cool. I won't mind driving it like I said for another month or so. I've got a little time to wait out a buyer. If it ain't gone by the first week of April after the big swap meet I'll evaluate at that point a little bit of a fire sale. for now let's just use it for firewood. My wife likes the fact that it's a bit lower and easier to load and unload as she does most of that..
View attachment 1715298510 View attachment 1715298511 View attachment 1715298512 View attachment 1715298513
Just remember...falling in love with a flipper is like falling in love with a stripper. It causes you to lose your perspective and just costs you more money in the long run.

:lol:

Last edited:
Just remember...falling in love with a flipper is like falling in love with a stripper. It causes you to lose your perspective and just costs you more money in the long run.

:lol:
I like it.. that's funny and speaks my language on top of it..
Restoration is what I do. This project is a time filler. Tomorrow I'm working with a new customer on a 1950 Chrysler. Last weekend it was a customer needing help putting a crate motor and transmission in a 66 super sport.
The truck not only keeps me busy in down time more or less sharpening my skills, I have to drive a cool truck around that in the end is going pay me to do so..

That truck is the ultimate fire wood hauling machine. That's exactly what I'd use it for if it were mine! That's what I need when I buy me a new truck so I don't tear up my new one with firewood dings. Lol I remember when I first got my 01 I have now it was so clean and straight and on the first load of wood I put a big dent in the bed rail right on top. My dad looked at me and laughed while I was cussing and fussing and said well it ain't new anymore. Haha

That truck is the ultimate fire wood hauling machine. That's exactly what I'd use it for if it were mine! That's what I need when I buy me a new truck so I don't tear up my new one with firewood dings. Lol I remember when I first got my 01 I have now it was so clean and straight and on the first load of wood I put a big dent in the bed rail right on top. My dad looked at me and laughed while I was cussing and fussing and said well it ain't new anymore. Haha
Yeah I had to calm my wife down tossing logs and a couple flew close to hitting the back window! I said now sweetie I don't want to have to change the ad to broken out back window! LOL

yeah, sometimes flippers become keepers.... LOL
But when it's your wife that says "it's mine, were keeping it" ….. well, it's how you end up taking a 3700++ mile vacation in your "flipper".... LOL

DSCN1165.JPG

Yeah I had to calm my wife down tossing logs and a couple flew close to hitting the back window! I said now sweetie I don't want to have to change the ad to broken out back window! LOL
I thought I got my back glass in mine a couple times I have bounced a many of log off that sucker lol I have never broke one knock on wood. My dad busted his front windshield one time but that's a whole another story! Lol

This morning I woke up to a email from a non Tire kicking tire kicker or Tire kicking non tire kicker? LOL said he had $2, 200 in his budget and was two hours North in Eugene and had a friend who could drive him up at a moment's notice. I told him to give me a call I'm up. Nothing....
I think it's far too early to Let It Go for 22 but if someone was waving the cash in my face that might be another deal. I understand the four-wheel drives are much more desirable but anything in that price range around here is a non-running rust-bucket. Having a 74 or older is a huge advantage here where the smog control starts at 1975. This allows you to do any kind of modification you want without having to run it through the smog check. Still I think it's just a little too early to Let It Go so cheap. I'm getting calls and emails on it literally every day.

Holy smokes! The phone calls I'm getting on this truck or Beyond ridiculous. I had to put the last guy on speakerphone so my wife could listen to the insanity, originally from Alabama he is living up in Washington. He quickly got onto how the laws and and corruption in Alabama are terrible LOL and then he went on to how bad it was up in Washington how they keep trying to lock him up for no reason LOL. I'm thinking myself oh my God you can't make the stuff up! LOL the call before that was from Connecticut and sounded pretty legit, but again the logistics of getting it back there would double the price on somebody. Again I've just never had so many wacko phone calls on one truck...
holy crap! As I'm writing this another call from another old codger up in Seattle wanting to know if you can drive it to Seattle? LOL that's it phone number off the ad...

Somehow I think it's the demographic that this truck is hitting. Taking that phone number off is the best thing I ever did. That got the tire kicking stopped...
(Since I'm old and bored I guess I'll just call around about trucks I like but will never buy...)

Somehow I think it's the demographic that this truck is hitting. Taking that phone number off is the best thing I ever did. That got the tire kicking stopped...
(Since I'm old and bored I guess I'll just call around about trucks I like but will never buy...)
How can they get in touch with you?

Had a local offer for 22 cash. We'll see if he comes up with the money here in the next couple days. In the meantime something else just followed me home..
IMG_20190311_145110.jpg

$2200 is a good price and leaves you with a nice profit. I hope it comes through for you!

Is that a ‘68 Lemans? 389?

$2200 is a good price and leaves you with a nice profit. I hope it comes through for you!

Is that a ‘68 Lemans? 389?
Thank you for the luck! I hope it goes through but again I'm not overly concerned.
Yes it is a customers 68 LeMans. I'm not sure what motor it is maybe you can tell me? I know it's originally an AC car. I just got the timing cover off and found where the leak was coming from. It's an 81 year old man who's got quite a few of these kinds of cars. He's want me to do a little here on this one in a little here on that one and wants to get me lost is he is and I won't do it. I don't typically bring customers cars home but I can serve him much better by having it close to my tools and concentrate on one car at a time...
IMG_20190312_173003.jpg
IMG_20190312_173008_1.jpg
IMG_20190312_173012.jpg

It looks like a 389 to me. You might want to change the timing chain while you are in there. It looks stretched to me from the pics. Those engines were known for that.

It looks like a 389 to me. You might want to change the timing chain while you are in there. It looks stretched to me from the pics. Those engines were known for that.
Oh I hundred percent agree! My customer has absolutely no problem paying me in Advance as I charge so little. But that's kind of where things get a little dicey LOL. I told him I need gaskets and such and he brought me over enough gaskets to rebuild about 50 of these motors completely LOL now I got a fiddle and fish through there and find what I need..
I'll recommend it but we'll see.

I had a buddy years go that was a 68-70 Pontiac freak, GTOs and LeMans. Problem was that he could take them apart, but never could put them back together. I always said I could tell which ratchets were his because they were always set on “remove”. LOL!

I rebuilt a dozen 389 and 400 engines for him so I really got to know those Pontiac engines and what their issues were. He jumped at least 2 timing chains because of stretch and I replaced both of them...then 6 months later rebuilt the entire engines because he couldn’t keep his foot out of the old engines. He was like a machine gun, only 2 speeds...off and full on!

I had a buddy years go that was a 68-70 Pontiac freak, GTOs and LeMans. Problem was that he could take them apart, but never could put them back together. I always said I could tell which ratchets were his because they were always set on “remove”. LOL!

I rebuilt a dozen 389 and 400 engines for him so I really got to know those Pontiac engines and what their issues were. He jumped at least 2 timing chains because of stretch and I replaced both of them...then 6 months later rebuilt the entire engines because he couldn’t keep his foot out of the old engines. He was like a machine gun, only 2 speeds...off and full on!
nice thing about not charging too much as I get to kind of learn as I go along also.

66 was the last year for the 389, it's probably a 350, I think the 400 was not available in the Lemans.

-
Back