Seems We've Lost Bill Dedman....

-
My apologies to all here. This thread is in remembrance of Bill Dedman and I was wrong to respond to the comment above. To that end, I have removed my comment.

Best regards,

Harry

It's no problem, Harry. You should try Facebook. If you don't like it, you can delete your account. I use it primarily to keep in touch with family and friends that are not local to me. You can pick and choose what you see. It's for some people.....others not so much.

Wow, this is a terrible suprise. Me and Bill clicked over our turbo builds and he was a nice guy in our correspondences. Ill see you at the finish line Bill!

Met Bill at the NHRA nationals at Sears Pt somewhere back in the late 1980s.....I believe it was the 1st national event there....sat in the grandstand with him for the afternoon watch the car run on Saturday. He used to post to a racing forum on Prodigy back in the old days ......RIP

It's no problem, Harry. You should try Facebook. If you don't like it, you can delete your account. I use it primarily to keep in touch with family and friends that are not local to me. You can pick and choose what you see. It's for some people.....others not so much.

Thanks, Rusty. Much appreciated. I just thought that it would be more respectful of Bill not to get off topic here. That's why I deleted my priour comment.

Actually, I was thinking of contacting Bill in the near future to ask some questions I have about adding boost to an inline 6 that I am building. Only realized that he had passed when I read your thread here. Thanks for remembering him as you have. I could tell from his posts that he was a great guy and even though I never met him in person, I felt a great affinity for him.

Best regards,

Harry

Last edited:
Sad to hear of Bill's passing.
I really enjoyed his posts and his passion for power with the slant sixes.
You will be missed, Mr. Dedman.
Rest in peace.

Thanks, Rusty. Much appreciated. I just thought that it would be more respectful of Bill not to get off topic here. That's why I deleted my priour comment.

Actually, I was thinking of contacting Bill in the near future to ask some questions I have about adding boost to an inline 6 that I am building. Only realized that he had passed when I read your thread here. Thanks for remembering him as you have. I could tell from his posts that he was a great guy and even though I never met him in person, I felt a great affinity for him.

Best regards,

Harry

He was a great guy. I loved our banter back and forth too as I know he did as well. We (mainly me and rumblefish) basically tellin him the "shut up" about turbo slants in every post and him barkin right back. I'm gonna miss that. He was an innovator for sure. I really wanted to see the little black car get all ironed out.

-
Back