Sell every thing for a B-body?

-

'68-340-S

Reaction score
The car that I want the most is a '68 Charger. I've been getting a "fever" that just wont go away and after looking at Ebay (that seems to make it worse). I want another '68 Charger. I love A-bodies also... well all Mopars. What do you all think? Should I sell everything I have ( my '68 Barracuda with a ton of parts i've collected for the resto, 340 that's on a stand, C body 8 3/4, '56 Coronet, Etc., Etc. So that I have the funds availible to hunt down a good Charger, maybe one that I can finance that's in good shape?

what do you want to do particularly? rebuild the charger the way you want or get one that is drivable and work on it periodicly?

i wanna do the same kinda thing and get a challenger. i am thinkin get my scamp running good and sell it then. more fun and it seems like it might be more valuable lol. good luck on that. i love chargers to and '68 is my favorite year

I would rather get a Charger that runs (well) and gather everything I need to build a bad *** Hemi clone while I enjoy the car. That way I have something i can enjoy and it's down time will be at a min. when I upgrade.

How long till you would have the money? What kind of money are you wanting to spend? Those 68 chargers aren't cheap especially in running condition. I'll keep my eye out and let us know the details.

Well, we all have our preferences. (and opinions, wink)
Is "investment" a consideration?
That's a factor to some.
"Appreciation" of the car could come into play then.
The A body is the better car for the money.
And arguably the better car period.
Chrysler did sell more of them.
Do you plan to actually DRIVE the car?
Think about it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=26456&highlight=charger

I've got pics of the Coronet... on a camcorder, i'll have to figure out how to get them on here. I don't care about the investment aspect. It's about the body lines, leg room & styling, the sound of a big block ( both at idle and wot), and sure pleasure of driving it. I had a '68 when I was a teen and i'm still kicking my myself for selling it.
As soon as I get my house refinanced I'll have the extra $ to take on another payment. By thining my heard down i'll have enough room ( and extra $ from the sales) to alow me to buy a solid car that's presentable and pretty good as is driver.
I'll be able to be picky when I do deside to make it happen though. It'll have to be a solid car, a 383 car with a/c, vinal top, and be a console car. That way I can drive it as is while I gather all the parts i'll need to build it my way. A 426 Hemi with a six speed... and I want it to look as stock as possible. Weather permiting i'll drive the snot out of it.

That's a tough one. I used to have a 68 Charger too, and if I could get it back by letting go what I now have, I would. But what I have now needs LOTS of work. My Charger didn't.

My old Charger needed ALOT more work than what I have now combined. lol I know who has it and it's been restored with a 700hp big block, that's with out the nos. I became friends with the guy that bought it from me so all wasn't lost, he sold it to one of his pals. One of these days i'll get to see it again.

Chargers are high even beaters.I would like to have one too.I have had a few guys wanting to trade their 68 Charger for may 70 Road Runner.The last two clowns wanted to make my Road Runner into a Super Bird clone.I am not big on this idea.The last 68 Charger we were going to trade until he told me his clone idea.
Jim

-
Back