Selling gold

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
If I had some US eagle gold coins and 1oz bars where could I cash them in for market value? Bank? Selling gold always seems to get under market value ie. 'Buying price' and 'Selling price' of foreign currencies.

Gold wafers, bullion is handled by the banks, as it's "pure" . There was a service fee .
Coins aren't always "pure", so $ value varies.
Gold Eagle is 90ish %, prob need to go coin dealer. ( Not sure)

You're gonna get fugged no matter what.

10-4, I didnt realize banks would handle gold bars. Do they have a scale or is a 1 oz bar @ .999 pure a standard weight?

A gold and silver shop, and sometimes jewelers. You’ll always pay over “spot” when buying and they will pay under “spot” when selling. Personally, selling is foolish, gold and silver have been “money” forever. The worthless Federal Reserve notes your trading for is not a fair trade…

Here is the law… as it pertains to lawful money, aka the gold and silver your thinking of selling.

Considering you are in socal Pishta, I would check out CNI, california numismatic investments.
I sold them a few 1oz gold coins (actually .98oz) and felt I got a very fair price.
If you are on the B side too, search a thread I started there "gold investing". Six pages worth. My final result would be the recap, last post page six.
Quick bottom line: the local guy in AZ offered 1705 each. Waited a couple weeks to get back to california, if I remember right, I got $1930 ea from cni.

A gold and silver shop, and sometimes jewelers. You’ll always pay over “spot” when buying and they will pay under “spot” when selling. Personally, selling is foolish, gold and silver have been “money” forever. The worthless Federal Reserve notes your trading for is not a fair trade…

Here is the law… as it pertains to lawful money, aka the gold and silver your thinking of selling.
[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL]
True, but it's up to the shop how much over spot they charge, and how much under spot they pay.
The Arizona shop that didn't get my gold started out by knocking $100/coin off spot, and then went down in price from there.
The california shop I sold to was within about $35 of spot.

Gold coins on EBay is something to consider. Watch some coins similar to the ones you have through a period of spot fluctuations. Bidding is always right up to spot. If the spot falls the buyer still pays. Compare EBay fees with your favorite broker and I think you’ll do better. Additionally, I think you’ll realize more margins for any intrinsic value of the coin on there versus a broker.

You could try eBay. I sold a 1884 Liberty head $5.00 coin for approximately $540 minus their fees. I believe that was the value of the gold in the coin at the time of the sale.

-
Back