Selling on ebay

-
It's not as bad as people are making it out to be, I've always come out ahead and tend to make more $$ on ebay than here, it's just sort of a pain sometimes(gotta sell at the right time too). Then again, this is just one man's experience.

Needsaresto , you might want to rethink shipping those in two packages . One box weighing 100 pounds will be roughly $100.00 let's say , two boxes weighing 50 pounds each will be $65-70.00 . I just shipped a set of heads using a piece of plywood as the base and steel strapping the heads to keep them from moving around, then just set them in a box with filler . Worked great .

As far as fees go , just look up the fee page on Ebay and it will determine what you will pay . An easy figure is 11% for the fees and Paypal . Not bad when you are reaching the whole world to sell your parts !!!!

Good advice from damraider. Here is some more. You don't have the words Mopar, Dodge, Chrysler, or Plymouth listed in your title. It's ok, since you don't have any bids, you can go back and change what ever you want.

People searching for "small block heads" might see your ad, but somebody searching for Mopar heads might not. Also, down in the body of your ad, you can add keywords so that if someone is looking for cuda parts, your ad will pop up also. I always just type a small line that says Keywords:... and then put every word that I can think of that relates to the part I'm trying to sell.

You're trying to get as many people as possible to look at your ad, and this will help. Good luck!

i have a friend that goes to estate sales and storage unit "foreclosure" auctions and then sells the stuff on ebay/craigslist. keeps him occupied and he makes some money in the process. just if it is a-body stuff run it thru here first please....

i have a friend that goes to estate sales and storage unit "foreclosure" auctions and then sells the stuff on ebay/craigslist. keeps him occupied and he makes some money in the process. just if it is a-body stuff run it thru here first please....

The heads have been listed here for several months. Lots of lookers.

I will make the changes to the title so a search will give better results.Thanks guys!

I'll have to think about that shipping idea. The general rule for lifting here is that workers are required to lift no more than 50 lb's,so I might piss someone off making a really heavy package.Lots of potential for someone to get hurt too.

I sell on Ebay all the time. I know the fees suck but I still come out ahead.
Give a good accurate description. I usually ship out items within a couple of days. That way I can get multiple items out together. Then I email the winners to let them know it was shipped.

I do hate the way they are biased toward the buyers. I've had two non payers and I couldn't leave negative feedback. I received negative feedback from a dirtbag that couldn't wait 7 days for his stuff to arrive. I told Ebay and they basically said Tough Luck.

I dont do E-bay... If you want jacked up prices for items your buying, if you want to pay the fees and the jacked up shipping...the ngo for it... Or come to me for that killer deal. Of course... I dont have alot of items... I just dont see paying e-bay 30 bucks for something that I will sell somewhere else without the fees.

E-bay isnt bad though... Just reallllllllly research and know what your doing as a bidder or a buyer or a seller. Knowledge is power.

-RPM

sold my 02 GSXR 1000 on ebay when i lived in Az. i got more than i would have locally for it, even after paying the fees and what not. i search ebay for parts for my project, if the part is new I will go no higher than 80% of what Summit or Mancini etc wants, included in the 80% is the shipping. not to long ago i got a set of Hemi valve covers, for $125 shipped, Mancini has them for $795

valve covers.jpg

-
Back