Sharktooth Grill install problem

-

smartken22

U.S. Navy Senior Chief
Reaction score
I am getting my car ready to paint Monday and was trying to install the sharktooth grill. I am having issues getting the clips to seat in the lower valance. Are they supposed to go in further or is there another piece that goes between the lower portion of the grill and valance. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 2012-04-12_14-22-41_441.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 2012-04-12_14-22-53_979.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 2012-04-12_14-23-14_660.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 201
should go down more- here's a pic I just took-
IMG_1020.jpg

I would leave it out and install after paint imo. Painters painted everything on my car. next trip it will be stripped.

Oh I definetely plan to leave it out. I just wanted to fit check everything before I shot paint to make sure that I did not scratch anything up afterwards. I plan to restore this grill anyways. I am actually shooting the car myself so I will ensure nothing gets painted that does not need to be. I am going to be spending the whole weekend taping everything off and block sanding. Thanks again for all the help guys.

I would leave it out and install after paint imo. Painters painted everything on my car. next trip it will be stripped.

I agree. I think once I instll the headlight trim rings and get everything screwed down it will come down. I just wanted to make sure everything fit correctly before paint. I am going to be restoring this grill before it goes back on. Thanks for the help and photos!

yep, it basically goes down to about a quarter inch gap or so-yours looks like the ends should be down a bit more, but good in the center.

heres another pic for ya.

Attachments

• my duster 2 091 (Large).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 150
I am going to be restoring this grill before it goes back on.
I had to repair some cracks and rebuild a missing piece of a 'tooth' on this one before I painted it (not to mention fixing a hole in one of the p.l. lenses). I really wish I'd taken before and after pics.

By far the most fun (sarcasm, of course lol) is masking it off for the paint work.

I hear ya. This one is not in too bad a shape. It has one crack in the upper corner and the holes for the P.L. lenses need repaired, but other than that she is gtg. Not looking forward to the painting/masking for the black fins. Silver should be easy though. Know any good places to get small parts like clips, trim, etc...

I had to repair some cracks and rebuild a missing piece of a 'tooth' on this one before I painted it (not to mention fixing a hole in one of the p.l. lenses). I really wish I'd taken before and after pics.

By far the most fun (sarcasm, of course lol) is masking it off for the paint work.

Know any good places to get small parts like clips, trim, etc...
not really- just keep in mind that they all (or at least most) interchange from the 'regular' grilles- other than the lenses, of course.

edit- btw, after much internal debate, I decided it would be easiest to the whole thing black then masked the black off to paint the silver. Figured masking the fins would be easier than masking around the fins. Turned out to be a bigger PITA than I could have imagined:D
Still needs a little touchup as you can see in the picture I posted. I plan on taking a little paintbrush and some flat black to a bunch of spots, just haven't bothered yet.

Looks like it came out pretty nicely. I am a perfectionist as well so I am sure this is going to be a test on the patience.

not really- just keep in mind that they all (or at least most) interchange from the 'regular' grilles- other than the lenses, of course.

edit- btw, after much internal debate, I decided it would be easiest to the whole thing black then masked the black off to paint the silver. Figured masking the fins would be easier than masking around the fins. Turned out to be a bigger PITA than I could have imagined:D
Still needs a little touchup as you can see in the picture I posted. I plan on taking a little paintbrush and some flat black to a bunch of spots, just haven't bothered yet.

-
Back