Sheet metal swap?

-

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What ALL is needed to change over a 73 & up Dart Sport front end (they look pretty ugly to me) to a 72 down Dart Swinger or Demon? (Front side marker lights are no big deal) I'm sure someone here has done it. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Remove the hood fenders grille bumper and related parts and hang on the 72 parts. Bolts right up

yup, pretty much anything from the cowl forward

Last edited:
Thanks all. I pretty much figured as much but wanted some other in-put.

Depends on the year of the Dart sport, because things change on the frame rail for the later shock mounted bumpers.

In general, you need the fenders, hood, hood latch support panel, bumper brackets, bumper, grille, headlight surrounds and front valance. If it's a '73, that will all work fine.

But for the first part of the '74 model year (8/73 through ~12/73 production), and then for '75/'76, the front bumper was shock mounted. Those shock mount bumper brackets use a single mounting hole that's in a different place on the frame rail than the two holes that were used for the earlier style brackets. So, you can still do the swap, but you'll have to add the captured nuts inside the frame rail to mount the earlier bumper with standard brackets.

67-73 cars only have the front two locations (standard bracket mounts), early to mid '74 and 75+ only have the shock bracket mount, and mid-74 until the end of '74 has all 3 mounting locations like shown
img_1917-jpg-jpg.jpg

The other styles of rails, the later one is labeled incorrectly, it should be early '74 and then 75+ for the shock mount only
aframerails-2-copy-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

-
Back