Shifter Linkage

-

70dart

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a shifter console linkage from a Dodge Aspen will work on a 70 Dodge Dart? What about the bucket seats and rails will they line up or will some fabrication be required? Any info and help would greatly be appreciated on this, thanks in advance!

I doubt that it would just bolt right in and work. But I'm sure that you can make it work. About the seats, I know those wont just bolt right in either. But you can drill a few holes and I'm sure they will work just fine. What we need is someone who has already tried this to chime in.

I have a set of buckets from a 77 Volare RR I was going to use in a 67 Barracuda. Three of the four tracks are probably close enough to just drill in the proper spot on the floor pan to work. However, one of the tracks is short, from the dent in the floor pan for the catylitic converter. Some sort or riser will be needed. I found some 67 bucket seats, so that is as far I got with those (want to buy some seats?)

Can't help you with the trans linkage.

i installed E body buckets in my 66 A body,,what i did was i used the seat tracks from the 66 and bolted them to the E body buckets,,fit like a glove,,

as for the shifter linkage,, its worth a try,, the volare/aspen uses a A body tranny,,,so the linkage may work,

Definately worth a try, I have dibbs on the parts for next to nothing and will be able to get them as soon as the snow gets gone and the ground dries out a bit. Thanks everyone for your input and if others have any input on the topic I gladly welcome it as well! fstfish66 if the Aspen uses an A-body transmission does an 8 cylinder Aspen happen to have the 727 Tranny? Here's hoping. How do I identify a 727 tranny I have never seen one except in pictures.

70 dart i miss read your orignal post or i confused my self from reading so many at one time during the night,,,if you are talking about floor shift automatic linkage,,im sure its all the same,,if not all you have to do is get ALL the volare linkage,,and adapt it,,,usually heres whats in most mopar floor linkage,, the shifter is mounted to a couple of brackets on the hump under the console,,if you plan on using the volare shifter,,( i love the round aluminum stick) then make sure you get the floor brackets,,i dont know if those are the same as all floor brackets,, just take a sawzall if the car is being cut up,,and cut it out,and if your taking the console cut them all out,,if no sazall get a nice heavy hammer,, and a good chisel its only spot welded to the floor,,or if you can cut the tunnel out wit hthe bracketry,,getting any of the brackets,,makes it very easy to install in your car,,

there will be the shifter,bracket, then a bel crank from the shifter going down thru the floor thru a boot on an angle ,,get the boot and bezel,,take pictures if you need to before you cut it all out,, then under the car on the tail of the tranny ,,there should be a bracket,,looks flat,,the rod comming sdown thru the floor goes thru it,,its only to keep that rod stable,,then from the bell crank a piece of linakge to the tranny,,,the lower bracket may be differnt then i described in those cars,, just get what ever lower bracket there is,,,

as for a 727 is there a 318 or a 360 in that car,,318 would be a 904,,but maybe a 4barrel 318 may have a 727 360 should have a 727,,,

to identify the 727/904 the 904 has one of the trans pan corner cut off,,its on an angle,,the 727 isnt,,,some identify the 727 by the dip stick tube,,it bulges out more on a 727 then a 904 i believe,,,but the pan is easier to see,,,

sorry im so long winded,, good luck,,,,take pics,,,

if you use the volare shifter,and the dart console, you may have to combine the volare shifter mounting brackets,and your console brackets,some may be the same,not a hard conversion,

-
Back