Shimming 318 motor mounts

-

ratvon

Reaction score
I shimmed a passenger side motor mount for the drivers side on a 72 340 going in my 68 barracuda if you look at the pictures it doesn't sit flat and the studs are at the bottom of the slots. Either the rubber
20161231_151208.jpg
20161231_151428_001.jpg
20161231_151341.jpg
biscuit mounts are wrong or the steel mount is wrong. I need some experts advice it's been year's since I messed with small blocks

The engine MUST be level . In order to level the engine, the car MUST be level first . Shim both sides equally to achieve clearance desired . When the stud nut is installed , be sure to have one full thread showing for safety (75ftlbs of torque) From your photos looks like motor is out of level . good luck , tom

The engine MUST be level . In order to level the engine, the car MUST be level first . Shim both sides equally to achieve clearance desired . When the stud nut is installed , be sure to have one full thread showing for safety (75ftlbs of torque) From your photos looks like motor is out of level . good luck , tom

I saw that too...that may be the problem. Here is an old thread he may want to look at: 340 Engine Mounts
Yeah I seen older posts were they shimmed 318 mounts I assumed it was the passenger side because the drivers side the single hole is to lower... the ear on the 340s drivers side is 2 inches higher.

Ok I think I found what's wrong I have a B/E passenger side mount. It sure looked close to perfect but obviously not. The passenger side 318 should work on the passenger side of the 340

-
Back