Shipping a non running car?

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
Who has shipped a non running car from the west coast to the east coast? Any ideas on who to contact? How much should it cost?

I shipped a car from California to Indiana. I used upship but dont be in a hurry because the brokers can get lazy and bail on you. When i finaly got it shipped proper it cost 1400. First broker from there was cheaper but couldnt find a driver and just flaked.
I would do it again though because the car was basically rust free in all the right places. Good luck

About 3 years ago I shipped a Plymouth from Indiana to California. Price was about $1200 and I used Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS). There were some complaints in the reviews, but these guys ship a lot of cars. My car was running, but they most likely ship non-running cars -- but there would be an extra charge.

When you read the contract, it basically says that whatever happens, they are not responsible. Unfortunately, this is probably typical. I didn't have any problems, but it did take longer than the predicted shipping time.

Let me see if my dad has a phone number from a guy I used last year. His prices were fair and a good guy to have hauling cars. He is on the West Coast and it took about a day or 2 for him to line up a load to make the trip east...

JW

In April, I had my non running D/Dart (it is running now and I am driving it) shipped from San Francisco to Port St. Lucie, Fla in an enclosed two car trailer. It cost me $3200 or $1.00 per mile. The guy I advertises on Moparts. -- this is his Facebook page Freighter Jim Hauls ..
If I read his thread right, he is in Anaheim, Ca now and is taking one car to Texas. He has an open spot. My haul was a little over 3,000 miles. I had to pay a little to have him pick it up - non loaded miles. Jim takes his time getting to where he is going. He does around 400 miles per day. So don't be in a big hurry to get it. I would use him again..................

-
Back