Shopping for suspension parts

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
I am shopping for front end parts for my 67 Dart GT convertible, 273 auto, power steering, drum brakes. Here is my list:
Ball Joint upper (x2) Moog k704
Ball joint lower right (x1) Moog k785
Ball jint lower left (x1) Moog k787
Strut Rod bushing (x2) Moog k7040
Pitman arm (x1) Moog k7074
Bumper upper (x2) Raybestos 5555002b
Bumper lower (x2) Raybestos 5551006
Lower Control Arm Bushing (x2) Moog k791
Cam Bolt & Bushing kit (x2) Moog k7030
Tie rod end inner (x2) Moog es319L
Tie rod outer (x2) Moog es319R
Tie rod adjusting sleeve (x2) Moog es319s

Anybody see anything missing or wrong quantities. I omitted the idler arm as it was replaced around 20 years ago, but it has only seen maybe around 5,000 miles Or should I replace it and keep the old one for a spare. And I also didn't include sway bar bushings and links as I don't have a sway bar. So far I have priced Rock Auto and Northern Auto Parts online, anyplace else?
Thanks
Aaron

believe it or not, some of the best prices for Moog parts are on Amazon. cheaper by 30% than most places i've compared them to...

I just rebuilt my front suspension, I used a PST kit.....your list looks good.
Poly bushings made my Dart Sport drive better than a new car.

Its easier to go to http://www.p-s-t.com/ and order their complete kit.....probably cheaper and better quality as well.

Good Luck.

I did the PST "super" kit as well. Been a couple of years. Quality of parts was really good (unknown manufacturer), everything fit like it was supposed to. Rough aligned it with the help of a friend, and a tape measure. Snugged everything up, and took it to a shop, for front end alignment. Worked out really well.

I am shopping for front end parts for my 67 Dart GT convertible, 273 auto, power steering, drum brakes. Here is my list:
Ball Joint upper (x2) Moog k704
Ball joint lower right (x1) Moog k785
Ball jint lower left (x1) Moog k787
Strut Rod bushing (x2) Moog k7040
Pitman arm (x1) Moog k7074
Bumper upper (x2) Raybestos 5555002b
Bumper lower (x2) Raybestos 5551006
Lower Control Arm Bushing (x2) Moog k791
Cam Bolt & Bushing kit (x2) Moog k7030
Tie rod end inner (x2) Moog es319L
Tie rod outer (x2) Moog es319R
Tie rod adjusting sleeve (x2) Moog es319s

Anybody see anything missing or wrong quantities. I omitted the idler arm as it was replaced around 20 years ago, but it has only seen maybe around 5,000 miles Or should I replace it and keep the old one for a spare. And I also didn't include sway bar bushings and links as I don't have a sway bar. So far I have priced Rock Auto and Northern Auto Parts online, anyplace else?
Thanks
Aaron

FYI, enter this at the "where did you hear about us" box at the shopping cart: 710F1AC6FB23

I used it yesterday for an order. Its for 5% off.

You might want the Moog "problem solver" offset bushings for the UCA (see rockauto). They allow you to adjust more caster for radial tires. Install them opposite the package instructions. Many posts here. I bought a single box (2 bushings) and used them only at the rear positions.

You probably also want the "improved design" strut rod bushings which are 2 piece. Polyurethane is best. The single piece ones are a pain to install and the frame cuts thru the rubber eventually.

The problem is that when you upgrade, the PST kits and such make less sense. Rockauto can be cheap, but often kills you on shipping. I keep trying different PN's to minimize shipping. I put my suspension kits together piecemeal, bidding on ebay, Rock, and Autozone. Takes more time, but I probably kept it <$100. I didn't replace any parts that felt good, like the upper ball joints and tie rod ends. I just painted them and replaced the torn boots with polyurethane boots.

I've bought through amazon as well. The free shipping adds up when compared to some other suppliers.

This is one of those things that the more I think about the more undecided I get. Rock Auto and Northern are within $50 of each other for Moog. I met check with them at the counter sales part of Northern and see if I can get a break on price for a "kit" it would mean paying sales tax, though. PST is $200 less than the other 2 for ? brand. I did check amazon and the prices I saw where about the same or more than Rock and Northern. What to do? What to do?

-
Back