Should I or shouldn't I ???

-
it looks really nice..
they did all that work to the top and left
the underside untouched..no suspension work so you can add
another $1000.
large damp spot looks like a trans may have been leaking for 10 years..
..and no air, but you might not need it...yet
...........for $12,000, i would expect those errors to already have been addressed.

Here ya go..

canada.gif
The WYLDE Hornet LOL!

You know it! :thumblef: :thumbrig: :headbang: :thumrigh: :thumbup:

Wylde1.

you could restore the original A/C system for another $1000
parts and labor (including new heater core) .

That's kinda holding me back. I would have expected air on an Imperial.

Wylde1.
Well it was a factory air car, it wouldnt be too difficult to put it back on. It is one sweet lookin car!!!

That's a damn nice lookin car. Foe Fawty.

But why butcher up the dash and door panels for a newer stereo and speakers. I'm sure it could have been hidden.

I looked at one, same year, "Almost" as nice and similarly equipped that was offer for $4,700.

Only pay that $12,000 if you want one really, really, bad.

you could restore the original A/C system for another $1000
parts and labor (including new heater core) .

Good to know. Thanks.

Well it was a factory air car, it wouldnt be too difficult to put it back on. It is one sweet lookin car!!!

Definitely a cruiser.

But why butcher up the dash and door panels for a newer stereo and speakers. I'm sure it could have been hidden.

I was shaking my head at that too Cliff. But the rest of the car looks damn fine.

I looked at one, same year, "Almost" as nice and similarly equipped that was offer for $4,700.

Only pay that $12,000 if you want one really, really, bad.

I had no idea that Imperials could go for so little. Thanks for saving me some coinage. I'll probably pass on this one for now just because I can't transfer the cash from one bank to another in time. Plus I still need to arrange shipping to Canada. Last minute finds can be a little problematic. Plus I would want to find someone to go check it out and make sure it doesn't smoke like a mosquito fogger or make any nasty noises, etc.

Wylde1.

Looks like several people think it's worth the money as it's got 4 bids and is up to $12, 200. Pretty clean looking car but you have to wonder why they pulled the A/C under the hood and put on the Holley valve covers. What did they do to get the belts all routed correctly and at the right RPM? I would bet they butchered the dash to get that Alpine in there too.

-
Back