Shoulder mount?

-

70net440

Reaction score
How are you guys mounting your shoulder belts for a 5 point harness to the cross bar of the roll cage? Any pics would be great. Also, I have the Summit plastic buckets and the slot for the belts to pass through is below the cross bar. I'm also kind of tall, would it be OK to run the belts over the seat instead of through the seat? Thanks for any replies.

I have a tang welded to my bar right behind the driver seat,and my belt is bolted to it..

I also have a tab welded to the cross bar. According to the NHRA rulebook the mounting point must be a minimum of level with your soulders to 4" below. Running it over a high back seat is not acceptable.

Should I cut a slot closer to the top of the seat to run the belts through? I can fab a bracket to raise the mount point.

According to NHRA you can remove the bracket and wrap the belts around the cross bar. Be sure to pay attention so they are threaded back thru the buckle correctly. Just do one side at a time so you have a pattern to refer back to.

Took some measurements, my cross bar is right at 4" below my shoulders. I'm going to get a new seat that has the notches for shoulder belts cut out on each side. Thanks for the help guys.

I run my belts over my seat to my shoulders. My bar is even with the top of the seat but 1" below my shoulders. I am using one of the poly seats. I wrapped my belts around the tube.

Chuck

I run my belts over my seat to my shoulders. My bar is even with the top of the seat but 1" below my shoulders. I am using one of the poly seats. I wrapped my belts around the tube.

Chuck
pics?And has it passed NHRA?

pics?And has it passed NHRA?

Passed NHRA at local tracks, Divisional race and Summit Series Divisional Finals.

I will have to get pics tonight when I get home (I am at work now)

Chuck

100_0440.jpg

100_0443.jpg

-
Back