Show me your humps!

-

Jay_340

Moparologist
Reaction score
Floor humps that is!

I have not worked on my Duster in almost 4 years. It has been stored at a friend's house while money/family have taken precedence, but it's time to get the old A-body in good shape again. I need to have some body restoration done, so I am going to remove the driveline whilst massaging the sheet metal. One concern is how close the 4-speed hump is to the frame of the driver seat. This car was originally a 318/3 on tree car and I cut the floor and welded in a floor hump. It also had a bench seat, so I just drilled the recesses in the floor pan to mount the seats. When I put the seats in, the frame on the driver seat is DAMN close to the hump. As in.....almost touching together.

I'll try and snap a picture at some point, but how close are the seat to the hump in your A-bodies?

Hope this helps. You can see 1 hole for the seat which is the stock location. I also have a bench seat w/no interference.

Attachments

• Shifter install.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 340
Here's mine from a while back. '66 Barracuda.

Attachments

• lh floor pan welded in.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 276
Thanks all. It looks like it is fairly close, eh? Still, my seat frame touches the back of the hump. I wonder if I installed it too close?

-
Back