show your mopar you rescued.

-
Not really a text book "rescue" but this is my 1974 Plymouth Duster that I purchased back in January for $1,300.00:

1973plymouthdusterrightif4.jpg

1973plymouthdusterleftfyi7.jpg

1973plymouthdusterleftrtk3.jpg

After a few quick changes:

dsc01213jk7.jpg

My goal for the sping is to wash it and try to get it to shine a little more.

My son and I found this 74 Dart Swinger in a front yard in the country. I had been stored under some tree's beside his home. It was the original owner who had bought the car in Los Angeles back in 74, then it moved to central Texas 4 years later where it has been ever since. My son is 14 and this is our father son project, and will be his first car. We've had the car three and a half months so we've done pretty good so far and we have plenty of time till he turns 16 to finish the rest. It's total progress can be seen in the Members Restorations section.

Front driver.jpg

Front Passenger.jpg

Rear Passenger.jpg

Rear end.jpg

engine.jpg

Interior front.jpg

Now front.jpg

Now side 1.jpg

Now with son.jpg

Now engine.jpg

A friend working next door to our shop was selling his father's Barracuda three years ago, supposedly garaged in the northern Bay Area for 15 years. His father had terminal cancer. He put it up for sale and I bought it the next day for $1500 as a father-son project, but my son really likes creature comforts like A/C and electric windows and lost interest early on. But this whole project has been a renaissance for me what I did in the 70's & 80's and I've had a blast with it. Here's some before and afters.....

mvc-011s (2).jpg

frt closeup 2 (2).jpg

barracuda 004 (2).jpg

cuda 2005-2 (2).jpg

barracuda 123 (2).jpg

Bought out of a barn of a dozen or more Mopars, don't really know how long it sat but when I got it home and off the trailer the front tires split from the tread to the rim on the sidewall due to the dry rot, and the tread looked brand new. Everything leaked and the wiring was completely shot. The first 3 are where I picked it up, it was in the barn in the background, and the only one in it that ran, barely. Next 2 when I got it home from the 36 hour drive, the last one new tires and no leaks!

It looks the same but I can drive it!

I believe this is the car that I saw on ebay last year or so. Sorry that I cyber-drooled over it so badly. I'm glad to see you saved it. Looks great, congrats! What other mopars were in the barn?

I had no idea so I did not have a camera, but from what I recall, not including all of the parts:
1971 Challenger convert
1970 Challenger 318
1971 Challenger RT/SE 440
1968 GTX convert no motor
1971 GTX 440 auto Dana
1968 Coronet R/T 440 convert
1973 Satelite 340 4 speed
1973 Satelite 318
1967 Barracuda S
1968 Barracuda
1973 Cuda with 70 front and rear and shaker
1968 Satelite convert
1971 Charger 440
1971 Satelite

I saved my '69 Charger from a guy's yard. It was sposed to get sent off to the crusher and I managed to get it a few weeks before.:-D I don't have a picture of it in the yard.

I also saved my '70 Coronet 500 from a friend's junkyard.
i137505539_64279_6.jpg

I bought my '73 Duster from a guy's driveway...so that dosen't really count
vancouver097.jpg

Here's my 69 dart swinger before and current state. It is a numbers matching car, but I have set the block aside for the time being. A 360 will reside in its place.

dart41.jpg

DSC00572_edited.JPG

darttrunk.jpg

dart4.jpg

dart31.jpg

dart22.jpg

painted dart1.jpg

painted dart6.jpg

engine2.jpg

painted dart3.jpg

Long story but this car found me...I was 2400 miles away CT to AZ. Last on the road in 1983, I'm the 3rd titled owner, but several owners between #2 and me. East coast rust bucket, rusted floors, rusted quarters, rusted inner fenders, bad repairs, etc. Was /6 auto buckets with console, will be 340 4 speed, ac. After several parts cars and parts collecting I have all rust free sheetmetal, suspension, interior etc. Right now only looking for more garage time. It sits on the rotisserie with new floors, inner fenders, subframe connectors, etc waiting for AMD to produce quarter panels!!!

03-30-2008 (15).jpg

03-30-2008 (16).jpg

No offense but if you are in AZ why start with a east coast rust bucket, especially a slant six car?
Long story short - lifelong friend killed in drunk driving accident (not the dart) family gave me the car. Besides I don't mind a challenge.

here's the Bee when I first got it in 1998 and in the fall of 99

bee16.jpg

bee1.jpg

I gotta say,It looks a lot like my dads 67 he got for christmas in 2007
Bought out of a barn of a dozen or more Mopars, don't really know how long it sat but when I got it home and off the trailer the front tires split from the tread to the rim on the sidewall due to the dry rot, and the tread looked brand new. Everything leaked and the wiring was completely shot. The first 3 are where I picked it up, it was in the barn in the background, and the only one in it that ran, barely. Next 2 when I got it home from the 36 hour drive, the last one new tires and no leaks!

It looks the same but I can drive it!

small dads rides.JPG

I saved my '69 Charger from a guy's yard. It was sposed to get sent off to the crusher and I managed to get it a few weeks before.:-D I don't have a picture of it in the yard.

I also saved my '70 Coronet 500 from a friend's junkyard.
i137505539_64279_6.jpg

I bought my '73 Duster from a guy's driveway...so that dosen't really count
vancouver097.jpg

I Know that duster, I left a note on that car too, but I never got a phone call ( it WAS in Delta BC), I also nocked on the door, but I guess they weren't home. I allways thjought it was a /6, but I guess it must have a 318 cause of the dual exhaust. How much did you get it for? if you don't mind me asking

I have bought a couple cars that way.

Phil

I Know that duster, I left a note on that car too, but I never got a phone call ( it WAS in Delta BC), I also nocked on the door, but I guess they weren't home. I allways thjought it was a /6, but I guess it must have a 318 cause of the dual exhaust. How much did you get it for? if you don't mind me asking

I have bought a couple cars that way.

Phil

I'll send you a PM8)

My '67 Dart GT conv. looked pretty good when I bought it, but rust was everywhere. Had it been a hardtop I probably would have junked it.
Today it has a 360 Magnum, A-833 4-sp, 3.55's and runs 13.7's on street tires.

sc0016daa9.jpg

sc0016f0b7.jpg

sc0016acb5.jpg

atco1969.jpg

1972 demon dug out of 5 ft snow in saginaw Michigan not done yet but getting close gto laid off but she will be done this year

003.jpg

ebay 004.jpg

update 72 demon 003.jpg

here's my latest. sitting in my buddys graveyard since '82. if the the trans weren't slipping; I'd have drove it home.
not really worth saving, but it has virtually no rust and a got a rolled v-8 '73 Duster shell in the trade.
2cwn1qr.jpg

I saw it 2 years ago, but ended up driving the '65 FuryI home after sitting for 10 years. That car donated its poly 318 and 727 to my '58 Firesweep.
evammc.jpg

I'll get some better pics later.
2rrl840.jpg

I definetly need a left rear door and some quarter work.
2rcnc6v.jpg

all I'm lacking now are tags, tires and brakes. I'm going to put the discs, v-8 k member and 10" drums from the Duster on it.
All the Signet trim will be coming off as it's in bad shape anyway.

I was 16 when i bought my car , it took nearly 2 year .. but we rescued this cuda who in a big phase of cancer ,everybody said that the car was finished but now its a popular show car here in quebec and as is respect , and its a passion that i share now with my dad ..im 23 ..since im 15 i am into mopars ,so now its the turn of my duster !

VEK.jpg
otobucket.com/albums/v476/cudz340/15.jpg[/IMG]
13.jpg

18.jpg

11.jpg

02.jpg

37.jpg

-
Back