Shuttered drag strip to reopen

-

JBurch

Reaction score
Shuttered drag strip; Skyview drags in Owego, NY is scheduled to re-open April 27. It is 1/8 mile, it will be WDRA sanctioned.

Find them on Facebook

Shuttered drag strip; Skyview drags in Owego, NY is scheduled to re-open April 27. It is 1/8 mile, it will be WDRA sanctioned.

Find them on Facebook
Does anybody know how long it's been closed? I saw that there was one in West Virginia opening back up after being closed for 8 years.

Owego? That's Town of Tioga, thank you very much! :p
I'm glad you're getting your track back. I wish it had been there when I lived in the county.

Does anybody know how long it's been closed? I saw that there was one in West Virginia opening back up after being closed for 8 years.
Yes the old Kanawa Valley strip is opening this year. Plus there was a new one that opened up in Logan Co. last year.
Sad thing is both are about a 2.5 hr trip for me, but not complaining for having somewhere to race in WV.

I'm glad you're getting your track back. I wish it had been there when I lived in the cou

I'm glad you're getting your track back. I wish it had been there when I lived in the county.
Owego is hard enough for people to find on the map; not sure what luck people would/will have finding Tioga Center; Owego gets them close.

Owego is hard enough for people to find on the map; not sure what luck people would/will have finding Tioga Center; Owego gets them close.
You're right, I was teasing. When I lived near there Tioga Center had a lot of cows and a great high school football team. Owego had John Barleycorn's.

When I left and lived in Syracuse people would ask me where I was from. I'd tell them near Owego. More often than not, they'd say "Do you mean Oswego?"

I meant it, though. I'm really glad you're getting your track back.

Good to hear! if I may I d like to mention Maple Grove in Pa has a few "winter" events first one is Feb 24 no prep race. Check the website though before traveling as the weather always permits.

-
Back