Side Mirror Mounting

-

65_Dart_GT

Reaction score
I have 2 new double post side mirrors to put on my 1965 Dodge Drat GT.
Thing is I welded the other mirror holes due to the bad choice of after market large mirrors.

Can/will someone provide me with some starting dimensions? perhaps from the front door edge to the beginning of the original base plus a dimension down from the window felt to the side of the mirror base so I can get them as close as possible.

Much appreciated, Roger :sad5:

I have 65 dart gt (the chrome is on the doors so my measurements are hard to judge.

The hole towards the front of the car is about 5.75" from the fender to door gap. The rear hole measures at 8.5". I also have a bullit mirror, which I don't think is original but it appears to use the original holes.

From the window felt to the rear center hole it measures about 3.5", from the rear center hole to where the door goes from horizontal to vertical (going down), is another 1.5"

Hope this helps.

I have 65 dart gt (the chrome is on the doors so my measurements are hard to judge.

The hole towards the front of the car is about 5.75" from the fender to door gap. The rear hole measures at 8.5". I also have a bullit mirror, which I don't think is original but it appears to use the original holes.

From the window felt to the rear center hole it measures about 3.5", from the rear center hole to where the door goes from horizontal to vertical (going down), is another 1.5"

Hope this helps.

I think this information is just what I need. The key was your mirrors mounted to the original holes .... thanks so much.

If push comes to shove I'll put the chrome on as a check. :blob:

Do you still have matching aftermarket mirrors? Do they look good?

No I did not keep the aftermarket mirrors. They looked like they came from Cdn Tire or automotive supply house. They were in really bad shape and the hole locations were no where near what the replica mirror holes are so I tossed them. You know, now that I think about it those mirrors could have easily been used on a pick-up ...... :burnout:

-
Back