Sidepipes?

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I've always wanted a set and I plan on installing some on my Dart. But, I recieved some really awesome advice from 360scamp that I should find out what the best length pipe for an A-body is without it looking absolutely horrid. He suggested 71" ones, which sounds about right. Does anyone have sidepipes on their A-body and can they tell me what length you used?

Also, some pics would be really cool!8) But they are optional.:-D

DarTT, the 1970 Challenger T/A my friend owns came factory with the exhaust exiting in front of the rear tires on an angle; have you considered something like that or are you definitely wanting to do side pipes?

i set mine up like this one my slant

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pviXVh2Uaq0"]YouTube - 68 dodge Dart[/ame]

DarTT, the 1970 Challenger T/A my friend owns came factory with the exhaust exiting in front of the rear tires on an angle; have you considered something like that or are you definitely wanting to do side pipes?
Definately wanna do some sidepipes like these.
DSC03708.jpg
This would be 360scamp's old scamp with 'em. I definately dig it.:love7:

Im doing sidepipes on my 66 and after talkig with 360scamp and doing some measuring its 71's for me also. Im still a little ways off on pics but when they are on Ill shoot them to ya.

The side exits on T/As and Cudas actually went over the axle, in and out of a muffler, and back over the axle to exit in front of the wheel. On my pick-up I turned duals out in front of the rear wheel with Flowmasters. LOUD is not a strong enough word. Sets off car alarms at idle. I did the same thing with my wife's ramcharger except used turbo mufflers, they sounded great and when the crappy plastic covered timing gear started coming apart, she would have about 6" of blue flame coming out of each pipe on the highway and a quick stab of the gas would be rewarded with a basketball-sized fireball! She loved it, but people in Miatas...not so much. just make sure that there is sound suppression in those pipes, loud pipes are cool at first, but if you plan on driving it much, less is more in the sound department.

The side exits on T/As and Cudas actually went over the axle, in and out of a muffler, and back over the axle to exit in front of the wheel. On my pick-up I turned duals out in front of the rear wheel with Flowmasters. LOUD is not a strong enough word. Sets off car alarms at idle. I did the same thing with my wife's ramcharger except used turbo mufflers, they sounded great and when the crappy plastic covered timing gear started coming apart, she would have about 6" of blue flame coming out of each pipe on the highway and a quick stab of the gas would be rewarded with a basketball-sized fireball! She loved it, but people in Miatas...not so much. just make sure that there is sound suppression in those pipes, loud pipes are cool at first, but if you plan on driving it much, less is more in the sound department.

You must be confusing the TA and AAR exhaust with something else. The TA exhaust does not route over the axle but rather exits the muffler in the front and is then curved to exhaust just in front of the rear wheel.

The Savage Barracuda had sidepipes that looked quite nice. Those cars were heavily modified but if you can find a picture of one you`ll get the idea.

The Savage Barracuda had sidepipes that looked quite nice. Those cars were heavily modified but if you can find a picture of one you`ll get the idea.
You forgot the Barris SXB:-D
scan0007.jpg

scan0023.jpg

Heres the Savage GT Barracuda. :cheers: Only 13 made of these.
(eight 340 cars,four 383 cars, and one 440 car)
SavageGT2.jpg

Sorry but me thinks there ugly,there are a few guys at our local cruise insss that get teased about them they don't know it but there not like there by a lot of car nuts.Sorry my opinion.

Sorry but me thinks there ugly,there are a few guys at our local cruise insss that get teased about them they don't know it but there not like there by a lot of car nuts.Sorry my opinion.
Everyones entitled to an opinion. I like them personally

Probably some used vette sidepipes on ebay, you can make those vette type sidepipes look sweet on anything... I've not checked out the sidepipe market in awhile.. A crap load of vans used to run them, I'd search van side pipes, I bet those sell cheaper than vettes....

Sorry about the Olds. I always thought these Doug Thorley header spipe combos looked tough back in the day. Then again I'm old 8)

Attachments

• jansolds02.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 957
8)

Attachments

• 00-NTC-MidnightSpecial.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 67corkyx22.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 583
  • barris1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 636
Did someone wax that chevelle in the snow???? Most sidepipes should be universal, you don't need the full header sidepipes like most vettes...

Did someone wax that chevelle in the snow???? Most sidepipes should be universal, you don't need the full header sidepipes like most vettes...
I know I dont. I just really want some measurements so I can get the right size the first time around and not have to jerk around with trying 3 different sizes.

Remember these puppies

Attachments

• !B4cuNrQEWk~$(KGrHqIOKnME)5TBJzTgBMp6zVKymw~~_12.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 507
They look like running boards to me. Please don't put Chevy parts on your Lill' Dart.

I'd never put sidepipes on anything I owned but not because I don't like the look. Because I got to damned tired of burning the back of my calf every time I got out of the freakin' car. ;) I've still got a mark on my leg from 1978.

-
Back