Sidewall run-out on a 275-40-18?

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Sidewall run-out on a 275-40-18?

In a hard cornering situation, I was interested to see if anyone had accurate (approximate?) info on sidewall flex distance on a 275-40-18.

Trying to get a handle on how much clearance I need to have on each side of the tire. Like btw tire and rear springs.

I know some people have go-cams and such monitoring suspension behavior.

Thanks for any info!

Side flex is nearly no existent on a low profile tire. 1/2 inch of clearance is a good rule of thumb.
Tim

I have an additional, sort of related question, maybe someone can lend some info.
Running green bearings, are they safe for hard cornering? What is the side flex or run-out on those bearings during cornering?
Thanks

I have an additional, sort of related question, maybe someone can lend some info.
Running green bearings, are they safe for hard cornering? What is the side flex or run-out on those bearings during cornering?
Thanks
Those bearings should have very little if any side slop,but, and this has been debated before, I wouldnt expect those to last long when used in hard cornering. I changed mine back to adjustable Timkens for peace of mind. I even had to swap axles because the Mosers were the wrong length for adjustables.

-
Back