Six Pack hood Pics?

-

Her1970

Reaction score
I know they are out there, so lets see some pics of your Six Pack/Six Barrel hoods. I hear AAR is the place to go, is this true, and are there hoods functional?

Good morning, Mine is an AAR hinged hood and works just fine. Just make sure that if you buy one that the person you choose to paint it has experience with painting fiberglass. It's not a big deal just a little tricky when it comes to preparation.

Terry

P7280002 (Small).JPG

Good morning, Mine is an AAR hinged hood and works just fine. Just make sure that if you buy one that the person you choose to paint it has experience with painting fiberglass. It's not a big deal just a little tricky when it comes to preparation.

Terry

Terry, what type of hinges did you use with the glass hood?

Looks really nice. I'm probably going to get one of those for my Duster. Very Sharp Demon btw...love that black.

Here's a pic showing my Dart Sport with a six pack scoop and my son's Dart with a Hemi scoop.

chris_n_rick_posing_with_darts.jpg

Terry, what type of hinges did you use with the glass hood?

The original hinges bolt right on to the hood and you can even use the original latch and release, but you got to remove the springs off each hinge cuss they are to stiff for the fiberglass. You can buy and install a lighter spring from a vender who sometimes advertises on this site. AAR also have the correct hood pins with the plastic coated cable and rubber gasket for the chrome plate.

Terry

The original hinges bolt right on to the hood and you can even use the original latch and release, but you got to remove the springs off each hinge cuss they are to stiff for the fiberglass. You can buy and install a lighter spring from a vender who sometimes advertises on this site. AAR also have the correct hood pins with the plastic coated cable and rubber gasket for the chrome plate.

Terry

Will the hood come with the hood pin holes already in it or will I need to drill them? Is there some type of guide or dimensions where they need to be? I am planning on ordering the hood today! Love the look of the hood, nice pics also!

Will the hood come with the hood pin holes already in it or will I need to drill them? Is there some type of guide or dimensions where they need to be? I am planning on ordering the hood today! Love the look of the hood, nice pics also!

No you'll have to drill the holes in the hood yourself. The picture shows where the pins go on the front cross brace. The factory has already drilled the holes for the pins and once you've got the pins installed just close the hood so it's resting on the pins and mark where to drill the holes in the hood.

P7280004 (Small).JPG

-
Back