size and source for power disc brake vacuum hose

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting together a 1970 Dart GT with original Kelsey Hayes power disc brakes. I'm using a stock type booster with the big bracket set up. I can't seem to locate the right hose for vacuum. 3/8 seems too small and 1/2 inch is way too big. I just got some 15/32 from NAPA, but again seems too big. Local parts stores seem unable to look anything up... Can somebody tell me the correct size and perhaps a source for it?

I have used junkyard brake booster hose from newer Mopars, late 1990's. The rubber still seems fine. It has a knurled surface and often different sized ends and various bends. But the Gates 27232 looks fine and more "correct".

As someone else said above, 11/32 is the correct diameter.

It’s not a common size so, after striking out finding it in stores, I ordered it online.

Last edited:
I used the link on Amazon above and the hose was perfect. Nice snug fit and thick wall reinforced material that won't get sucked closed by vacuum.

I'm putting together a 1970 Dart GT with original Kelsey Hayes power disc brakes. I'm using a stock type booster with the big bracket set up. I can't seem to locate the right hose for vacuum. 3/8 seems too small and 1/2 inch is way too big. I just got some 15/32 from NAPA, but again seems too big. Local parts stores seem unable to look anything up... Can somebody tell me the correct size and perhaps a source for it?
I think the amount of vacuum and a good check valve is more important than the hose size. I use a 5/16 hose on my girlfriends VW 2.5 while taken out her vacuum pump and it works just fine.

-
Back