Skinny Wheel/Tire Fitment 68 Barracuda

-

stroker416

Destroyer of Legend at C/S Speed LLC
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I've got a 68 Barracuda, still on torsion bar front suspension, Dr. Diff front Wilwood disc brakes with a 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern, and later A-body spindles and upper control arms.

I've got a pair of Mickey Thompson ET Street fronts in 26 x 6 r15 laying around that I was thinking about using.

I'm curious to see what wheel sizes/specs guys with a similar setup are running.

Thanks.

Those would work as 26'' tall is fine on a a body.You may have to set the torsion bars up or down for front fender lip clearance when turning. All depends on how you want the car to sit. Do you have the rims ?
A 15x 4.5'' or 5'' wide will work with a 6'' wide tire. The photo is for reference only as it is a b body but the tires are 175/75/15 on a 3.5'' wide rim. Plenty of clearance. The other is of a big bolt pattern swap on a 64 Dart.That pushes the width stance wider by 1 1/2'' per side. It too has 15x4'' rims and a 26'' tall tire.
Again photos are just for reference.

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

69 Barracuda 8x25.5" fit fine with no rubbing.

A 5'' wheel will have a 2.5'' backspace 6'' usually has a 3.25 backspace.
Offset can be,usually negative for our old cars. I believe offset and backspace are one in the same as it is being measured from the centerline of the rim measured on the back side of the rim's surface lip to mounting face.
If that makes sense.

-
Back