Slant 6 in a 99 Durango?

-
Absolutely hate this thing. Ran across it a while back on the bag and it gave me the idea to try it with my Ferd Ranger that is getting tired and is gonna need a new heart. The sad part is that is cheaper to find and rebuild a slant than it is to do the same with the stock 4 banger. And I'll get about the same mileage... :wack:

Wont pass smog here...maybe referee? Thats pretty cool. Low maintenance cost for sure.

you know, there is an EPA whitepaper on what is legal swap. But then, this is one of those, why moments.

That thing has got to be ball-less LOL cool but beyond that would not do that swap with out a turbo or supercharger and then it wouldn't be worth anything still and be about as fast as a chipped 5.9 Durango

just because you can does not mean you should....2+ tons with a leaning tower of no power....thanks but no...

That slant is from a Volare/Aspen. The Sanden AC compressor is the give-away. It would have a hydraulic cam. Must have been a lot of thought and work to install it, so must give the developer credit. Add a turbo, Offy valve cover, and it would look nice and go fast. Most importantly, it turns heads at a car show. I knew a guy who pulled a 2 horse trailer with an 80's Dodge truck w/ slant.

-
Back