Slant 6 K-Frame = LOTS of Clearance

-
GoldSwinger, If that Holley mid mount front accessory drive with the Alternator, P/S pump and A/C compressor setup would have been available a year earlier I would have bought it and saved myself a bunch of pain!
@70Sbird do you know if any else sales those S6 Gen3 mounts? If I had a set I could get my cnc guy to make some more

@70Sbird do you know if any else sales those S6 Gen3 mounts? If I had a set I could get my cnc guy to make some more

I bought mine from Schumacher a couple of years ago when they still had them in stock. It looks like they no longer support much but I had heard that US CarTool had picked up the line of mounts and would be making them.
However, both Mancini Racing and Classic Industries show them as "coming soon"
MA4901 - 1967-72 A-Body S6 to 5.7/6.1 Hemi Conversion Kit
Engine Conversion and Replacement Kit

I bought mine from Schumacher a couple of years ago when they still had them in stock. It looks like they no longer support much but I had heard that US CarTool had picked up the line of mounts and would be making them.
However, both Mancini Racing and Classic Industries show them as "coming soon"
MA4901 - 1967-72 A-Body S6 to 5.7/6.1 Hemi Conversion Kit
Engine Conversion and Replacement Kit

@70Sbird i talk to USCartool. They said they were going to sale them but Schumacher went out of business before they could start. Do you think I could do something very similar to what you did if I went with to V8 k-frame and v8 Gen3 swap mounts?

@70Sbird i talk to USCartool. They said they were going to sale them but Schumacher went out of business before they could start. Do you think I could do something very similar to what you did if I went with to V8 k-frame and v8 Gen3 swap mounts?

I don't see why not. The drivers side motor mount on the K frame is the same for either a slant six or V8 (67 - 72 pad mount). The passenger side motor mount is positioned about 1 inch farther outboard on the slant six K frame. I had hoped to use that extra room for an oil filter in the stock location on the engine but it's still too tight. A set of V8 conversion mounts should get it bolted to a V8 K frame.

I don't see why not. The drivers side motor mount on the K frame is the same for either a slant six or V8 (67 - 72 pad mount). The passenger side motor mount is positioned about 1 inch farther outboard on the slant six K frame. I had hoped to use that extra room for an oil filter in the stock location on the engine but it's still too tight. A set of V8 conversion mounts should get it bolted to a V8 K frame.
I wonder with the v8 mounts would I have to move the holes 3/8 forward to help with the AC.

Sure would like to see an update :)
Car has been in the paint process for quite a while now but here is what I hope is the last test-fit from a few weeks ago. I ended up buying the Holley Mid-mount front accessory drive so I still need to install all that stuff and bolt the engine back in for the last time

001000003777.jpg

Car has been in the paint process for quite a while now but here is what I hope is the last test-fit from a few weeks ago. I ended up buying the Holley Mid-mount front accessory drive so I still need to install all that stuff and bolt the engine back in for the last time

View attachment 1716164521
Wow, that's looking great! I need that front cover lol. Mines a truck motor and I need a car front cover. Looks like you went with the Holley PS pump. I'll probably do that as well. Refresh my memory.. what AC did you end up going with? I'm trying to preserve my factory stuff.. mainly because I just rebuilt it all.

-
Back