Slant 6 racecar

-

wicked/six

Reaction score
Building a slant drag car, To start it is 30 over stock build and will be shot with a 100 shot of nitrous.
104_0899.jpg

104_0887.jpg

104_0878.jpg

104_0877.jpg

104_0886.jpg

It will look differant when done but that may take some time i will post pic's as it progresses. Should be a quick slant car if my plans work out!

TF

My Grandpa use to race 6cyls but he is worm food or I'd ask him some combo's

I found why the car won't go, The 70's motor put on the 63 tranny with no adaptor ring means it no move!!! Simple part will fix it but the converter i pulled of is a GER and i think it would save me money to buy a new Midwest converter...Also got a set of slicks for 1 hundred never been used!!

TF

Oops!forgot pic. of my setup..I got rid of the Lokar setup(gas peddle and kickdown cables)put in a 72 demon gas peddle and rigged up my own throttle cable brackets.

Very nice Wicked :-D Keep us slant folks up dated :cheers:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20007.jpg

cook%20and%20fish%20908.jpg

Alright got the rims with the offset i need and the slicks, will install them and order a new converter then reassemble it! Junk yard finds and craigs list are keeping me within a buget!
104_0900.jpg

TF

Ok i got the tires and rims mounted and started to spray the car, black front clip and primer on the rest. I am still trying to decide if i should go with a plate system or drill into the spacer below the carb for a fogger setup!

104_0901.jpg

104_0902.jpg

TF

Ok i got the tires and rims mounted and started to spray the car, black front clip and primer on the rest. I am still trying to decide if i should go with a plate system or drill into the spacer below the carb for a fogger setup!
104_0901.jpg

104_0902.jpg

TF

can stock internals on a /6 take 100 shot fine or is it pushing it just wondering

Keep the tune good and you can keep the stock internals alive up to 150 shot, Key is keeping the tune good i will learn more about that later!

TF

I would like to hit thirteens or faster but i may need to build up the engine more to get there.

TF

I would like to hit thirteens or faster but i may need to build up the engine more to get there.

TF
If its light and get's a bite you will get that 13 sec pass :cheers:
I say 12:47's will be posted as a pass =P~
Have fun and air up the front tire's wicked/six
Keep us posted.

Got her all cleaned up and sprayed, probly won't get much done for the next month need to save up for the pull down to Vegas for Mats!

104_0904.jpg

104_0903.jpg

104_0906.jpg

TF

I love your car. The best advise I can offer you though is buy a converter from a reputable company with proven performance (ie: a list of competive racers that use their product) you'll be tenths ahead. Turbo Action, Coan, ATI, Dynamic or such with proven Mopar experience. Stay away fromt the Midwest, GER and maybe even Hughes. I replaced a Hughes converter in my Duster with a Turbo Action and picked up 7 tenths.

A converter is not the place to skimp.

Thanks Guys! I'm not going to skimp the converter but i have a midwest 3k in the duster and it does what i was told it would do, half second off my 60'. Are there horror storys about them, just wondering?

I will get more pics as i go it's tucked away in the garage right now!

TF

Thanks Guys! I'm not going to skimp the converter but i have a midwest 3k in the duster and it does what i was told it would do, half second off my 60'. Are there horror storys about them, just wondering?

I will get more pics as i go it's tucked away in the garage right now!

TF

I don't know anyone that runs a Midwest converter and frankly I've never heard of them. Which is why I said in my opinion it's best to get a proven performer. GER on the otherhand, well, I guess you get what you pay for. Maybe they've gotten better but I've seen damn few cars running them.

One thing I would add is get some wrap for your headers, since your intake is so close to them.

I love the project, I had a '69 Rambler American 2 door sedan a few years ago and was toying with the idea of a big inch straight six with nitrous with a stock appearance. Got busy with other things and a friend wanted the car so I let it go.

-
Back