-
Status
Not open for further replies.

thesnafu72

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
So my daily driver, a 1963 Dodge Dart GT w/ a 225 /6, is currently running on only 5 cylinders! Cylinder #1 is going to need some serious attention. I can keep driving it for a bit (because the other 5 seem to be holding down pretty well on their own) but will HAVE to be pulled at some point. I am hoping someone has a cheap slant six which isn't too sick that they pulled out because they are putting in a bigger motor.
423669_762888987324_13303892_36526429_1014739586_n.jpg

I live in Pomona, California (91768) and will come to you if possible and pick it up! I know someone around here has a motor in the mud that ran well before they pulled it.. Help a fellow member keep his 63 on the road! Thank you and have a good one.

-Sebastian

What up with cylinder one?
Did you do a compression check?
Have you pulled the valve cover?
Adjusted the valves?
What do you think it is burnt valve ,bend pushrod,vacuum leak at intake?
May be an easy fix opposed to swapping motors unless you know something...

Oh if not for a whole country between us. I am pulling my 225 out of our '75 Duster
w/82K miles on it. It runs perfectly but we're turning the Duster into a 340 clone so the
/6 has got to go. I have no idea what the shipping costs would be but I am sure that there is another member much closer to you that will be able to help you out. And more cost effectively. Good luck

Compression Test:
#1 : 55
#2 : 150
#3 : 145
#4 : 135
#5 : 145
#6 : 145

Yes valve cover pulled everything seemed normal.

Compression Test:
#1 : 55
#2 : 150
#3 : 145
#4 : 135
#5 : 145
#6 : 145

Yes valve cover pulled everything seemed normal.

Did you check with a feeler gage ? just need's adjusted, or a spring replaced , or even a valve job dun.. It looks like the others are doing great. Pull the head and do an inspection on #1

Just a thought, I would look a bit closer before I pulled it and put something back in that may need the same thing dun to it, I wish you the best and hope to see the / you have survive :cheers:

I had a good friend of mine look at it (that's who did the comp test) and he checked with a feeler gauge as well. Seems that the problem is in the lower half :/ I will be rebuilding it but for now I need something to swap in so I can drive to work..

Correct me if I am wrong but dont the earlier motors have a different crank snout to run with the eariler trans. I would check if a later model engine will bolt up to your trans.

I think it does matter if you are running a standard trans, A good tec will jump in soon.
I hope something happens for you very soon.

if you are keeping you old tranny you will be ok --they make an adapter ring going from the large diameter crank to the small diameter torque converter--much more difficult to go the other way.Lawrence

Still on the hunt for a pre-67 slant six that is not too far away! There must be someone in so cal out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back