slant six/904 transmission cooling lines

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. i have been looking for replacement cooling lines for my valiant. the onlt listing i can find is at paddock parts. they list the lines for 64 a bodies , but not 63. if anyone knows where i can get them i would appreciate it. thanks
aaron

The '64 lines should work since there were no changes in the chassis from '63 to '64. The major change was the heater box to make room for a V8. Hope this helps.

wasn't the trans filter inline in 63 (by the steering box) and in 64 the filter was moved into the tranny pan?

i believe you are right. there was a big canister that one line went to. that must have been the filter, but i also thought there was a filter in the tranny i gueass i will have to double check. i will have to look in my service manual. i was planning on just running some steel braided lines like redfastback. his setup looks good. and its less of a hassell.

There is an article in .org that shows how to add the filter into your trans. You need a new pan and some other easy to obtain parts. If you are not worried about originalty then just use rubber hose. Make sure you double flare the "stubs" and use rated tubing.
Just my 02.
Frank

-
Back