Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerW

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys:

I'm finally on the last lap of getting a '68 Valiant back on the road and I've encountered a minor debacle getting the throttle rod to the trans in place. As most of you know, the linkage at the manifold changed twice...in '69 and again for '74, and to my knowledge the parts don't interchange.

Somehow I have ended up with two '69-73 slider-type rods and two sets of pre-69 linkages, even though I specified what I needed. I'm going to try this again, this time with pictures. I need EITHER A. or B.....no combination of the two whatsoever. Here goes:

I am looking for either:

A. The kickdown rod for '68 and earlier slant six with 904 as shown in the first picture. It has a THREADED fitting at the carb end which effects the adjustment. No slider. This is my first choice because it is the correct type, BUT...

B. I am also willing to buy the metal LINK and the corresponding CLIP with the hole in it for the tension spring for a '69-73 style kickdown. Those two parts only, as shown in the second picture. The link slips into the carb's throttle arm with the special clip.

I have all the other parts to make either style work. Thanks, and let me know what you might have.

SANY0047.JPG

SANY0048.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back