slant six motor and trans

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad,
Just got home from a Mopar Swap Meet near Wooster today. A guy had a running 69 225 with only 23,000 miles for $200. There was another nice one from an 80s truck. Sorry, didn't get contact info.

I have a 6 cylinder out of our 68 dart.it smoked when took out.the guy changed thehead on it and it started smoking.dont know if you want to rebuild or not.i think the trans is still on it.i pulled it out 20 years ago and its been under the bench.id have to go look if interested.its complete and I dove it home.im in morehead ky 40351

I have a 67 Dart 6cyl and auto. Engine ran but the transmission was weak. Msg me.

I have a slant that is in a 75 dart. It runs and drives great. Automatic trans. It is still in the car. Drive in,hear it run and drive,Then we pull it. 200 bucks and you help pull. Take every thing from the fan to the drive shaft. I have hoist and everything to pull it. I am making room for a big block. Pm me if interested

hey everyone Im looking for a slant six motor an trans for my sons 63 valiant Im willing to drive 200 miles my zip code is 44142

I have a GOOD running 225 and push button tranny I just took out of my 64 valiant to do a V8 swap. Im in Falling Waters WV. I want $500 for the motor and tranny. I've kept up on oil changes, and this motor runs really good. The tranny shiftes like new. I would be willing to meet you in Breezewood Pa.
Thanks, Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a slant six and trans. in Lebanon, IN runs and drives guy is cutting up a car to save a car needing frame rail. Shoot me a PM and I'll give ya his number. Already told him I was going to do this so he is aware.

Remember when swapping with early slant sixes that there's a difference between 67 and down and 68 and up. The pilot hole in the crank and it's mate on the torque converter are smaller. The torque converters are NOT interchangeable. I always get this mixed up but I THINK the newer motor will go on the earlier transmission with an adapter sleeve on the nose of the converter but the newer transmission will not go in the smaller hole of the 67 down crank. If you swap the engine and transmission together it will not be an issue except that pre 65 trannys used a cable shift.
Just something to note when considering a swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back