[Found!] small block 727

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you looking for a specific model year small block 727, or a certain style that makes it hard to find? I usually have an easy time finding these from 2wd trucks in local junk yards in Michigan, if you are not worried about 100% correct appearance. The tail housing is shaped a little different (still long shaft like a car), but all rebuild and performance parts are still interchangeable, as well as the shift lever and kickdown/throttle valve lever from the cars. Just watch out for the short shaft versions often found in campers. I just use those for parts.

Are you looking for a specific model year small block 727, or a certain style that makes it hard to find? I usually have an easy time finding these from 2wd trucks in local junk yards in Michigan, if you are not worried about 100% correct appearance. The tail housing is shaped a little different (still long shaft like a car), but all rebuild and performance parts are still interchangeable, as well as the shift lever and kickdown/throttle valve lever from the cars. Just watch out for the short shaft versions often found in campers. I just use those for parts.
I'm just looking for one that I can rebuild with out chasing down any tail shaft housings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back