Not open for further replies.

Surprise67GT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
I am also in need of air condition components for my 69 340 Barracuda. I believe I am missing just about everything except for the heater box. Let me know what you might have. Pictures and price appreciated.

I have a couple compressors and some lines/ hoses. I'll dig em out tomorrow and send you some pics. Where do you live ?

I went through this on mine. I put an ac unit from a 71 dart on my 69 cuda. It worked out great, but a lot of trial and error.

I assume yours was an ac car originally, that makes it easier.

The heater / ac boxes are basically the same from 68-72. So is everything in the engine compartment except the front end of the engine and a vacuum resivoir used in later models.

The worst part was the engine brackets & pulleys. The 69 and back ac pulleys and brackets are almost impossible to find, so that is not a good option. You probably have two basic options if you want to stick with the factory dash ac.

1. Use a sanden style compressor with their brackets & pulleys. This is probably the easiest. Will need to have some hoses made.

2. Use the whole front end of the engine from a 70 up small block. Like the stuff you could get from dadodgekid. This will require changing all the pulleys, brackets and water pump for everything to the the 70 up setup. This will also require changing the radiator, or making a long bottom hose.

If you have the patience & skill, you might be able to fab up your own custom pulley set up.

I can walk you through most of the process I did if you need.

I went through this on mine. I put an ac unit from a 71 dart on my 69 cuda. It worked out great, but a lot of trial and error.

I assume yours was an ac car originally, that makes it easier.

The heater / ac boxes are basically the same from 68-72. So is everything in the engine compartment except the front end of the engine and a vacuum resivoir used in later models.

The worst part was the engine brackets & pulleys. The 69 and back ac pulleys and brackets are almost impossible to find, so that is not a good option. You probably have two basic options if you want to stick with the factory dash ac.

1. Use a sanden style compressor with their brackets & pulleys. This is probably the easiest. Will need to have some hoses made.

2. Use the whole front end of the engine from a 70 up small block. Like the stuff you could get from dadodgekid. This will require changing all the pulleys, brackets and water pump for everything to the the 70 up setup. This will also require changing the radiator, or making a long bottom hose.

If you have the patience & skill, you might be able to fab up your own custom pulley set up.

I can walk you through most of the process I did if you need.
Sounds like the car is going to go without AC. I’m not changing engine parts. It’s an original numbers matching drive train.

Sounds like the car is going to go without AC. I’m not changing engine parts. It’s an original numbers matching drive train.

Yeah, finding all the ac parts to keep it original is not impossible, just really difficult. The sanden compressor might be the next best option. I think you can do it with most original engine parts.

Here's what I have. 2 different pumps with some brackets. Not sure what they came off. If you think you can use any of it let me know. I'll make you a good deal , $25 plus shipping for either one. Parts or pieces!

20211216_120056.jpg

20211216_120046.jpg

20211216_120121.jpg

20211216_120106.jpg

Thank you. Was hoping to find original parts but I didn’t realize the search would be so difficult. Let me do a little research and see if One of those will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back