small block engine questions

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I will start building my 360 real soon and I was planning on using the mopar tube& ream kit to block oil to the lifters since I will be running a solid cam. Anyone done this procedure? Is it worth the trouble? I will be running a stock pump with a high pressure spring and stock type pan. I guess I was wondering if the lifters will have enough oil in the bores from drainback. I would like the oil system to be adequate up to 6500 rpm.

I have built many small blocks. I have never had a problem with oiling with solid lifters that cause me to install the tube kit. The tube kit for the oil galley is only for when you put in a roller cam. Solid lifter are designed to allow the right amount of oil to pass by them. The roller lifters let most of the oil go by so a tube has to be installed to limit this oil pypass. Hope this helps.

www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbgarage.php?do=thumb&id=412

intimidator said:
I have built many small blocks. I have never had a problem with oiling with solid lifters that cause me to install the tube kit. The tube kit for the oil galley is only for when you put in a roller cam. Solid lifter are designed to allow the right amount of oil to pass by them. The roller lifters let most of the oil go by so a tube has to be installed to limit this oil pypass. Hope this helps.

www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbgarage.php?do=thumb&id=412
aftermarket cam suppliers now supply a roller lifter, that does not require this modification.

-
Back