Small Block Showroom!

-
Only pic I have on phone at the moment.

My 70 dart With my number one helper

IMG_20230513_124252.jpg

1969 340 +.030", stock stroke. TRW forged 10.5:1 pistons (yeah, they're that old) on polished rods/factory crank, custom Lunati solid roller, old-school W2 heads (2.05"/1.655") with MP blue rockers. It's topped with a Strip Dominator W2, Holley 830 annular mech-sec and OE air cleaner. Headers are TTi, painted cast iron grey. No gee-whiz accessories or showy bits.

The outside of the car looks as bad or worse than the engine bay.

Engine.JPG

Back when it was on the stand:

EngineStand.JPG

And, the 4-speed (3.09:1 first non-OD) currently living behind it:

4-Speed.JPG

Heres the lil 318 in my 72 Dart. Edelbrock air gap & alum heads, roller rockers, noisy gear drive, holley double pumper, PRW water pump, MSD ready to run, Sanderson shorties.

Went with a Jones Racing pulley kit with a high amp alternator and GM type II power steering pump. Ive got an IDIDIT steering column with a Flaming River power rack and pinion. Their rack likes to operate between 800-1200 psi depending on how responsive you like/need the steering. So I installed a Heidts adjustable power steering fluid regulator with a liquid filled gauge so I can adjust the steering on the fly…….hot rodding is the most expensive drug I swear to god haha.

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4099.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_5621.jpeg

IMG_5694.jpeg

Last edited:
Heres the lil 318 in my 72 Dart. Edelbrock air gap & alum heads, roller rockers, noisy gear drive, holley double pumper, PRW water pump, MSD ready to run, Sanderson shorties.

Went with a Jones Racing pulley kit with a high amp alternator and GM type II power steering pump. Ive got an IDIDIT steering column with a Flaming River power rack and pinion. Their rack likes to operate between 800-1200 psi depending on how responsive you like/need the steering. So I installed a Heidts adjustable power steering fluid regulator with a liquid filled gauge so I can adjust the steering on the fly…….hot rodding is the most expensive drug I swear to god haha.

View attachment 1716099382

View attachment 1716099383

View attachment 1716099384

View attachment 1716099385

View attachment 1716099386

View attachment 1716099388

View attachment 1716099390
Very cool build! Are those PRW valve covers?

Yes they are, good eye! And Proform Mopar breathers.
If you didn't want to hear this, just tell me to mind my own business:). I won't take it too hard. You said that you have a high amp alternator. I do too. I found out the hard way, that when using a high amp alternator, the original firewall connector can melt where the alternator wire goes through, because the new alternator can put out a lot more current if the battery is low and if the headlights are higher wattage. The orignal alternators were only 35A. Now, even the reman alternators put out 55A minimum. I disconnected the ammeter and hung a voltmeter below the dash. I ran the charging wire directly to the battery (could have run it to starter hot terminal). Recently, A business named mrheaterbox.com is rebuilding the ralley dash ammeters into voltmeters. You send them an original ammeter, and for about $150, they send you back a voltmeter.

A9B6340D-C792-455E-A70C-452F3F0E1F9D.jpeg

My now ancient 416” awaiting some top end updates. Headers recently went to a new home down in Florida. Small blocks rule.

View attachment 1716099382

View attachment 1716099383

View attachment 1716099384

View attachment 1716099385

View attachment 1716099386

View attachment 1716099388

View attachment 1716099390
That’s cool. Thanks for the pictures of the alternator and power steering mounts. I was going to go with them but couldn’t ever find accurate pictures of their stuff for the Mopar small block.

Not sure how I feel about there small pulleys though.

That’s cool. Thanks for the pictures of the alternator and power steering mounts. I was going to go with them but couldn’t ever find accurate pictures of their stuff for the Mopar small block.

Not sure how I feel about there small pulleys though.
I had the same feeling at first with these guys. Couldnt find any pictures of exactly what the mounting looked like, i called them and talked about my setup, they emailed me some pictures. Pretty sure you can get other sizes, theyre really chill and helpful. a huge deciding factor for me why I went with them was they have a badass GM type II power steering setup, exactly what I needed for my power rack and pinion. And its all excellent quality.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my 418 stroker. We moved all of the wiring and electrical components (starter relay, voltage regulator etc.) to a panel under the dash.

IMG_20220225_192949.jpg

-
Back