Small Block Showroom!

-
Any particular brand/model you like? I want cruise on my Duster.

Are you on Facebook? Someone asked this yesterday there. :D

I know you aren't asking me, but I will toss in my thoughts anyways.

I used the OEM stuff for my CC swap. Mostly F-Body stuff, but (I think) most of the parts are generic beyond the actual mount for the under the hood part. Biggest trick for me was wiring in a switch that killed the CC on my clutch pedal. Works as well as it did stock, which means the initial set point is always low and needs a couple of pokes to the set button to get it where I want it. But after that works really well, very happy to have it.

No idea how accessible the OEM stuff is anymore, but when I was doing it I felt pretty lucky to find the brake switch that I needed. They seem to be out of production. But someone on FB suggested a NC relay and that would do the exact same thing.

Last edited:
Any particular brand/model you like? I want cruise on my Duster.
I've used this kit for all of them. As far as the switch to turn it on it depends on the vehicle (On my Dart I cut up a turn signal lever I had laying around and used the universal one listed below) I used the 250-4165 magnetic pickup on all of them but the pass through generators might be easier?
rpc-250-1223_wu_xl.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Rostra-250-1223-Universal-Electronic-Control/dp/B007ZCQD9S/ref=sr_1_1?crid=WBLPHMG5424A&keywords=rostra+cruise+control+250+1223&qid=1687373272&s=automotive&sprefix=rostra+cruise+control+250+1223%2Cautomotive%2C129&sr=1-1
41EvBETueNL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B0009GVUG8
5291_28.jpg

SPEED SENSOR, MECH TO ELEC, GM & CHRYSLER, 7/8
rpc-250-3032_xg_xl.jpg

Rostra Precision Controls 250-3032 Rostra Cruise Control Kits | Summit Racing

416 small block

• Mini 35 amp alternator: from Geo (Metro?). Light, Internally regulated, lights don't dim at idle.
  • Fuel line: routed away from motor around alternator. Wrapped in firesleeve heat protection. Never vapor lock in 95 deg SoCal summer heat in last 12 years.
  • Center oil breathers: so oil does not spill/spit out on high G cornering
  • MSD E-Curve: dial-in digital adv curves, rev limiter, solid repeatability. Must run traditional oil-filled coil. Tight wiper motor clearance.
  • Milodon road race pan: 5 trap door gates, level to 1/4" above bottom of K-frame

23C7D56B-9EA5-4758-97E7-2BDD00819A58.jpeg

12_9_10sm02.JPG

3_19_11Sm62.JPG

Steves_engine,_heads_002.jpg

6514695-2_25_11Sm21 (1).jpg

Last edited:
For a confirmed slant guy, I didn't figure I'd be posting in the small block world but here I am. I have two, this 340 in my Dart, despite the godawful black spray bombed engine bay. I imagine I'll be removing a half mile of wire when I get done cleaning this mess up.

DSCN0034.JPG

And if you bought your 318 2-barrel in 1972, this is what it looked like. This one is all original and untouched since it left the factory.

DSCN1793.JPG

la 360 at 60 over, stock stroke. 10.2 cr. comp-cams street solid-roller. edelbrock heads, ported. crane gold rockers. holley strip dominator intake, ported. 750 holley, with 850 throttle plates, professionaly done, which could be considered a ``950 hp `` carb. hedman street headers, 2 1/2 in. exhaust to the rear bumper with cut-outs right after the headers . suzuki swift alternator. locked-out distributor. 2 seperate ignition systems, one is a mopar complete kit, the other is all msd, activated by the flip of the switch. makes around 475 horses judging from mph at the track, 500hp from et . street car, complete interior. weighs 3570 lbs with me in it.

-
Back