Small block tube header ID Doug’s or TTI?

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
So I got these headers on offer up for $100 he said in add small block headers mopar. I knew right off the bat they weren’t hookers lol

they have one slip tube on the #7 tube the closest picture I found that had a slip tube were these TTI headers I couldn’t find Doug’s with a slip tube online

anyways what do you think?

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1660.png

the jog at the top of the tube doesn't look severe enough, and the 3 & 5 tubes look different but maybe?

TTI's have super thick flanges and should be stamped w/ a PN

maybe some old hedmans? i know that they would frequently incorporate the 3/5 wrap in that style.

if schoenfeld(sp?) made sb mopar headers i'd say them maybe?

Yeah that what I was thinking because the the 3 cylinder pipe/tube goes over 5th cylinder pipe/tube in both photos,

the jog at the top of the tube doesn't look severe enough, and the 3 & 5 tubes look different but maybe?

TTI's have super thick flanges and should be stamped w/ a PN

maybe some old hedmans? i know that they would frequently incorporate the 3/5 wrap in that style.

if schoenfeld(sp?) made sb mopar headers i'd say them maybe?
I can’t find any part numbers, I know there is similarity’s but also differences too. Might be a older model?

I don't think they are TTI or Doug's, but if they look to be in pretty good shape, at that price I'd buy em'

My Doug’s for early A and 273 does have a bolt flange on 5 and a slip on #7 I believe.
My Doug’s for my 340 Demon does not.

IMG_1077.jpeg

while some of the doug's & TTI have the 3/5 cross over, both lack the #5 tube that has the slop sink dump into a hard 90-- which hooker seems to have.

so maybe some early hooker street headers? but again, they, like doug's would be marked.

I’m thinking there some early TTI’s hopefully they fit my 67 barracuda
i'm inclined to agree. hopefully they're right for the application!

i was given a set once that the PO swore were a-body. after two days of inventing swear words, boosting miller high-life's quarterly profits and breaking two hammers i came to find out, quite by accident, that they were for a B-body application.

after i cut them up into tiny little bits with a sawzall i told them i'd see them in hell as i threw them into the back of the junka-junka's toyota flatbed. then i promptly plunked down $900 for some doug's and that was the best money i'd spent since that kinda dough bought two quarts of bad gin, a 440 powered 70's monaco and the company of girl with colored hair that would only show you her tattoos one at a time.

Hooker 5303 Abody manual steering 1 7/8 adjustable

20231102_160152.jpg

20231025_100753.jpg

20231024_202151.jpg

they don't look to be cheap hang low headers. if number 7 tube is a slip joint, id guess tti. my tti were step though. here are tti. the old looking headers are headman.

IMG_20231102_161703.jpg

IMG_20231102_161720.jpg

IMG_20231102_161739.jpg

IMG_20231102_161751.jpg

Sorry dudes these headers didn’t fit, that 7 cylinder sleeve that removes its self would not clear in two spots first the brake proportioning valve it would hit there then also the steering column. My motor mounts are new etc guess maybe these were for some other application :BangHead:

i knew in my bones that they had to be for something else!

that sucks man, hopefully you can pass them on to somebody that can use 'em

i knew in my bones that they had to be for something else!

that sucks man, hopefully you can pass them on to somebody that can use 'em
Yeah, it sucks but oh well, I wish I could figure out the fitment so I could sell them.

if they fit a van i'd probably snap 'em up off ya.

wish i could help with the mystery but i only have TTI's to compare and contrast

-
Back