Small Block Valve Lash

-

Skully

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Mopar People... any way i have a question im gettin ready to install a set of roller rockers on my small block cuda can some one tell me what i should set the valve lash at..any help will be great..Thanx

Now ya just gotta find the clearances..... :thumrigh:

lash_1.jpg

Which cam also? Need to know that first. I would always suggest using the manufacturers specs. If you don't have the cam card give them a call. I've seen solid cam lash specs vary as much as eight thousandths between cam brands and certain profiles.

ok it's a hydraulic set up with the 1.5 rockers the problem is.. it does have a mild cam not sure of the exact lift and duration it's in the 470 range

if it's hydraulic there is no lash. Rotate the until both the intake and exh valves are closed. I'm assuming you have adjustable rockers. Then grab the push rod with your fingers and spin it as you tighten the rocker adjuster down. Once you can't spin the push rod then give it a quarter turn. This should pre load the lifter. Complete this step on all 8 and your done.

Thanks a bunch Barracuda340S great site i know were to go now when i need to find some thing out bout the mighty mopar

-
Back