Small Bolt Crager's to be reproduced!

-

67Signet

Smoke and chaos stunt coordinator
Reaction score
NEWS - Newstalgia Wheel has made a deal with Cragar to produce small-bolt Cragar SS wheels in a limited run of 14 x 6 up to 15 x 8 sizes. They will be taking pre-orders at 800-281-2819
FYI
Bruce

demon seed said:
Well it sounds like carlisle-cragar is getting their head out of there backside. It's about time.

I spoke to Howard Cook at Newstalgia the other day. He said they had been trying to convince Cragar to make the wheels for quite a while (I think he said 2 years). He said Cragar told them something like if Newstalgia thought it was such a great idea that they should step up & commit to it themselves, so they did. He said Newstalgia had to commit to "...A LOT.." to do this deal. I got the impression that they were really into this deal (financially) and think that if we can we should really support them. It's really good to see a vendor that is committed to what is, admittedly, a fairly small segment of the wheel market. I've about convinced myself to order a set of 4. Just have to get past the part of "commiting" to spend the money. :sad1: Oh well, it only hurts for a little while. :thumbup:

:burnout:

Well I used to live only about 10 miles from the plant. I have spoke with these guys a lot, and only a few guys from days past are still employed there. The new owners that bought them out cut way back dumped a lot of the product line etc. I too was told that they would need something like 100+ sets of S/S wheels ordered to even consider a retool.

Well I left a message for Howard at work and will get my set ordered this week. I have been out of the loop for a few months and could not believe we can order these rims. Very exciting for those of us not wanting to pay for larger rotor-spindles, axles etc...

I am just pondering and re-measuring to make sure what will fit on my 64 Dart with a stock location mounted 8 3/4 rear. I need to go measure the offset on the old dish mags to see where I am at? I currently have 215/60-14's. But am thinking more like a 215/65-15 for the height and more clearance, but if I could get a 225/60-15 and only have to do an adjustment on the offset that would be great. I will find out how much $$$ more for a custom offset and see how much I would need and can get by with.

Thanks guys
Dyno Dave

OK, Hey guys as far as the front end goes. With disc brakes are there issues here too with Cragar rims? I was thinking if I go with the 15x7 or 15x6 rims with like a 205/60-15 will that be ok? Clear the calipars and not hit the control arms?

The 15x6 has less backspace is that a better choice for this size tire?

This is on a 64 Dart with Disc from a 71 dart with the small bolt pattern setup.

Thanks!

OK I did a lot of measuring and also allowed for some room. Nothing worse than taking a sharp turn, or hitting a dip and hearing the tires scrap in the front or rear. So this is what will fit on a 64 Dart and allow room and provide less steering effort etc.

When you call Newstalgia Wheel 1.800.281-2819 ext 306. Talk to Shawn. He is handling the orders.

I went with:
15x7 rear rim with a 225/60-15
15x6 frt rim with a 205/60-15

The 225 in the rear with stock ride height is fine with these rims spacing, a 235 would fit with stiff spings, a raised up body with hangers on the springs or air shocks. On the front I liked the size of the 15" rim for disc clearance issues the look etc. Also with the 6" width and the 205 it is less tire to turn, allows plenty of room for turning etc.

I have stuffed a 215/60 on a 14" which is a little shorter, but is wider. I think with the suspension mods and front and read sway bars the Dart should handle pretty good for a 64!

At issue: if the axle was narrowed or you could get more backspace on the rim you could fit a 235. 15x8 gets a little more space. The issues is the front of the rear wheel well on the outside edge. I have a GT and with chrome molding on the front of the well it is right up to the tire on a 235. :thumbup:

-
Back