Smallest Steering Box

-

Spacegrass

Reaction score
I’ve got a 1973 Dart Swinger with the 318 and headers, so OEM steering box clearance is terrible.

I am curious if the Borgeson or the Flaming River box makes for a better fit and install.

62-72 uses a small sector shaft. Your 73 uses a large sector shaft. The sector shaft is where the pitman arm bolts up to it. I thought they made a 73-76 large sector shaft steering box.

That helps a ton! It looks like this is it. Do I need anything else, or will this just bolt right in? I don’t know if I’ll need to still shorten the steering column as I already have power steering.

Read this installation article and you’ll have a better idea: Gallery: Borgeson Gets This '69 Super Bee Back On The Straight And Narrow - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

It looks bolt in enough, except for pinning the Borgeson coupler to the column. I don’t have a drill press, and that’s a big issue.

Try Bergman Autocraft (BAC). Peter is a great guy, can sell you the right box, can sell you a coupler that doesn't need drilling and sell you a kit that does it all.

I am very happy with mine.

I have the complete kit to convert without cutting and the use of universal hoses. My coupler is nice as its gives a tight feel unlike the soft rubber u joint on the market.
Bergmanautocraft.com

-
Back