Smart Phone Recommendations

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.........My smart phone is MIA as somebody decided they needed it more than I did :violent1: :tongue2:

I had a Droid Charge that I was completely satisfied with. I hate to pay $99 for a refurbished one that's outdated already, so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions from all of you.

I know that many love the iPhone, but I'm still leaning towards the kind I'm already familiar with........

Any input on the Motorola or the Samsung Galaxy?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

I have a Samsung Note and I love it. It has a big screen which is good more me as I do not need to be looking for glasses everytime I use it. JMO

samgsung galaxys are sweet ...i had one before but i let it go bcoz no one would ever call me ...it was a waste paying and still having all my minutes left at the end of the month.

but the phone itself was soooo nice...big screen, tons of options, beautiful phone.....the T-mobile and At&t GSM ones can be rooted real easy....i would stay away from Verizon ...they cant be unlocked.

if i ever got another phone ...Samsung Galaxy all the way

what r ur option as of do u have a carier already? if not i have virgin mobile and i have the lg optomus elite android and pay 55bucks a month for unlimeted evreything mintues text web downloads. my phone can hold music its great i love being able to show people music with out say remember too look them up when u get home its right there in my hands. big screen i love it im new to the smart stuff.

I've killed about 46% of the entire world's manufactured supply of cellphone devices over my lifetime.... Until I picked up my first G'zOne. They are quite literally man-proof. :D

http://www.casiogzone.com/us/commando/

Because a smartphone that meets or exceeds the US Army's standards for waterproofing, dustproofing, shockproofing, and etc, is WELL worth it!!

Also, the touch-screen is Gorilla Glass. The first week I got it, I was out at a rifle qualification range and dropped it... Face-down, in a rocky gravel pit.... I didn't even want to pick it up and look at the screen, as I saw it drop directly on a big sharp rock. I finally drove myself to pick it up and flip it over and took a good hard look..... Not a scratch.

Further, one of the most fun things to do with these phones is be at a bar or restaurant, send a text or receive a call or something, then drop the phone in a glass of water and watch your friends and/or relatives FREAK THE F- OUT!!! XD

However, there are scuttlebutts about Casio releasing a new generation of their bulletproof marvels of advanced cellular telecommunicatory accessories.... Might be less prudent to get the Commando now.

Anyone who picks an iPhone over the G'zOne deserve all the repair bills and more.

- CK

Yes, I'm still under contract with Verizon, so some of my choices are limited.

1968dartman, I've heard good stuff about the Galaxy phones....thx

Rani, I'm glad to hear my old phone can't be unlocked. The POS that kept it will probably dismantle it for parts. That's what I was told anyways :dontknow: I lost alot of pics and some personal stuff :banghead:

CB...........:sign5: Obviously it hasn't helped me either LOL :sign3:

63VALIANT, I'm locked in to my current carrier & still had alot to learn on the dang thing too. Oh well, starting over isn't the worst thing that can happen!!

I have the IPhone 5 and it is simple to use. Menus are simple to find and options are clearly listed.
I have used the Windows, Android and IPhone phones. I still find the iPhone the easiest to use out of the bunch.

Jason

Samsung makes a good, tough phone that is very intuitive to use. If I can figure out how to use it, anybody can.

I love my galaxy 2 and the galaxy 3 looks even better.

have you tried loading lookout plan b on the old phone ? it will locate your phone for you even if you don't have it on you.

=================================================================

Plan B is your last resort to find your missing phone.
This is the first and only 'find my phone' app that you download AFTER you've already lost your phone. Having Lookout on your phone is the best way to protect your phone and find it fast, but use Plan B if you have already lost your phone and didn't have Lookout installed.
Follow these easy steps to use Plan B:
1. Install Plan B to the phone that you are trying to find from the Android Market website: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb.
2. Plan B will start automatically and send your phone’s location to your Gmail address.
3. To locate again after 10 minutes, borrow a friend’s phone and text the word “locate” to your lost phone.
Using Plan B is simple, but requires access to the Android Market website and your Google account. (If you have an Android phone, you already have a Google account.)
After you install it, Plan B will start locating your phone using cell towers and GPS. On some phones, Plan B can switch GPS on automatically. Your location will keep updating for 10 minutes, and you will get an email each time it is located, whether the phone is moving or standing still. You can start the process again by texting “locate” to your number from any other phone. In order to locate your phone, we send you a text via SMS, so standard message rates apply.
Once you have found your phone, download Lookout Mobile Security for full protection.

iPhone is crap; every 3 months you either ship it back to crApple for screen replacement on your dime (screen not covered in warranty etc), or buy really tiny specialty drivers and about 5-10 spare screens so you can void the rest of your warranty every 3mo's by tearing it apart (it's quite deep to get to all the screws as well) and putting a new screen in, granted the new screen is correct for the phone (a platoon mate had a 4 that he bought a 4 screen for... was almost the right screen. Apple likes to switch things around in the middle of the gen just to keep people from fixing their own stuff.

You can easily tell an iPhone's age by how broken the screen is;
If it's not broken, it is less than 2 weeks out of the box.
If there's a chip, it's less than 6 weeks out of the box.
If it's broken, it's 6wks or older.

- CK

ceekay, I'm pretty careful with my phone and not sure I need one that's commando or "man-proof" :), but I'll check that one out too.......Thank U

vtmopar & Jason.......I've heard plenty of good things about the iPhone. I'll look @ them, but probably not gonna get one this time. Thx for your input though.......most appreciated :thumleft:

grumpus...Yes, my Droid was a Samsung and was quite easy to use & navigate. It's more expensive this time though........urrrggghhh :disgust:

I have the new Motorola Droid Razor Max HD and love this phone. It's on the large size but the HD gets you a battery that will make it for at least 2 days. Every Verizon Rep in the USA was given this phone as their field unit. It's already dropped $100 in price. Check it out. Dan

HTC Droid DNA Best android phone on the market hands down. I wish I could get it for AT&T but it's a verison exclusive so I have an HTC One X and I love it.

I love my galaxy 2 and the galaxy 3 looks even better.

have you tried loading lookout plan b on the old phone ? it will locate your phone for you even if you don't have it on you.

=================================================================

Plan B is your last resort to find your missing phone.
This is the first and only 'find my phone' app that you download AFTER you've already lost your phone. Having Lookout on your phone is the best way to protect your phone and find it fast, but use Plan B if you have already lost your phone and didn't have Lookout installed.
Follow these easy steps to use Plan B:
1. Install Plan B to the phone that you are trying to find from the Android Market website: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb.
2. Plan B will start automatically and send your phone’s location to your Gmail address.
3. To locate again after 10 minutes, borrow a friend’s phone and text the word “locate” to your lost phone.
Using Plan B is simple, but requires access to the Android Market website and your Google account. (If you have an Android phone, you already have a Google account.)
After you install it, Plan B will start locating your phone using cell towers and GPS. On some phones, Plan B can switch GPS on automatically. Your location will keep updating for 10 minutes, and you will get an email each time it is located, whether the phone is moving or standing still. You can start the process again by texting “locate” to your number from any other phone. In order to locate your phone, we send you a text via SMS, so standard message rates apply.
Once you have found your phone, download Lookout Mobile Security for full protection.

Damn.........I wish I would have known this info last Thursday evening. As soon as I realized it was gone, I borrowed a friends phone & called it. It rang several times, then went to voicemail. All subsequent calls went immediately to voicemail, so I know whoever picked it up, turned it off. Battery was fully charged...blah, blah, blah. I ended up having it turned off by my cell provider that evening.....:crybaby:

I checked lost & found at the venue I was attending several times a day for the next few days, but no luck. There were a couple of nice looking cell phones turned in though.........lucky people!!

I'll be sure to install Plan B on my new phone. Thank you for the info and where the heck were you last Thrs.......:wink: You could have saved me a whole bunch of BS :salut:

I have an I-phone and like but this is my first, the G zone are really good phones and they have a smart phone now

Samsung Galaxy III .......I have one, I like it a lot, my son just picked up the Droid Razor Max HD ...and a friend at work has the same, they both seem to like it, but for me.... I have NO complaints with my Samsung Galaxy III. The Galaxy phones have the Android technologically same as the Droids.

galaxy 3 or note I have the note one on straight talk plan unlimited everything and only 45$ a month I have fixed more iphones than any other phone. also my note one with a tiny tweeking I did to it screams compared to iphone 5 even the jailbroke turbo clock one cant keep up

Samsung Galaxy III .......I have one, I like it a lot, my son just picked up the Droid Razor Max HD ...and a friend at work has the same, they both seem to like it, but for me.... I have NO complaints with my Samsung Galaxy III. The Galaxy phones have the Android technologically same as the Droids.

galaxy III is just a beautiful phone ....i use mine to get online over the WIFI even though i dont have phone service. its a sleek sexy unit :D its .rooted ....i just love the little droid superuser icon....but it dont work outside the wifi zone bcoz i dont have a SIM card LOL

Attachments

• CIMG1674.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 184
After much arm-twisting and constant nagging from my family, I got an Iphone 4.

The thing that made me decide to go with the Iphone (a new phone was mandatory, or my family wouldn't leave me alone), was my best friend had an Iphone.

We were standing in my garage and I said to him. "I'd be afraid of dropping something like that, those are expensive." He pulled the phone out of his pocket and hurled it into the air, it slammed into the ceiling (a good 20' above us), hit the concrete floor and bounced 4 times. He picked it up, brushed the dust off of it and proceeded to call my cellphone with it :prayer:

"If you get one, get an Otterbox for it" (I had no clue WTF an Otterbox was, he told me it was the case on it)

That being said, I still hate phones. I hate text messages even more. I use my Iphone to call parts stores, and to browse Summit Racing, FABO, etc and check my email when I'm working in the shop :D

Another vote for the Galaxy S III here. It's been a good solid phone that doesn't lock up all the time like my old LG Optimus. Nice big screen for old eyes and fat fingers. Like others have suggested I added Lookout software to it so that if I lose it, I can find it. If I can't find it, I can remotely lock it. If it has confidential info on it and I still can't find it, I can remotely wipe the contents.

I also sprang for the $37.50 Otterbox Defender case for it. It adds a little bulk to the phone, but I don't want to have to spring for the $200 deductible that my company charges if we damage our phones.

My son has an Iphone 4S and spent a lot of time playing on my SIII. He is a brainwashed Apple kid, but he liked my phone a lot.

I had a Galaxy S2 and S3 both phones were great so Id go with a Galaxy S3 ... Iphone Blah

I've got an iPhone 4S. Still live it. I tried a few others, and went back to the iPhone about a year ago. Some of the others are just too large to deal with all day long. The toute a "larger screen" but, that's not what I wanted, or needed.

I like everything about the iPhone, and will probably look at a 5 this Summer.

I paid $27.00 for the Otter Box.

-
Back