Smog in California?

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
What is the cutoff year for smog in California? I have a 76 duster that i want to put a performance exhaust on and do more to the motor. Isnt 77 the cutoff? i need to get it regestered too, as it hasnt been since 2004. I dont want to deal with smog. Am i ok? Does the cutoff year still progress year to year, or has that stopped? Thanks.

looking on CA DMV site it states...

Beginning April 1, 2005, the 30-year rolling exemption has been repealed. Instead, vehicles 1975 model-year and older will be exempt. Therefore, 1976 model-year and newer vehicles will continue to be subject to biennial inspection indefinitely.

so yeah, i think you still need to......of course yours is the first year required to, like me you must be lucky...
don't shoot the messenger....

good luck,
:glasses1: blind

If it's not going to be a daily driver maybe you can get some sort of collector's plates or something similar? Maybe............?

Check the build date of the car. If it was a early 76 or late 75 you might get out of it. As in if it was registered as 76 but was actually a late 75. My friend had this happen and was able to rereg it as a 75. It takes paperwork and a little money but worth it. I believe to get collector plates it needs to remain unaltered.

-
Back