SNOWBIRDS in Florida !!!!!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Jeepers creepers, THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAAA-CK........:protest:

Seriously, I love the folks who fly south for the winter, BUT the traffic increases in my home town by what some say is over 100%.......Feels like more.......The lines of traffic on otherwise easy goin' roads look like freight trains, I'm tellin' ya. :dontknow:

I took my wife's bike to the shop for a tire......Came out to 54 from Allen Road, and it's a miserable intersection with NO light at all........Turn right, and you're OK.....turn left, and your life is in your hands......wouldn't you know......:sad2:

By the time the guy in front of me finally turned, I was already fit to be tied (my final frontier, don't you know...:banghead:).........My turn now to watch the birds keep a comin' and a comin'...........one way is clear, then the other is congested......on and on.........:angel10:

Finally, I timed my escape, and PUNCHED it !!! Forgot I had an A-Body with a potent 360 and a 3:55 in the back.......Went around the corner sideways and almost lost the back end to the opposite grass........she came around so fast that I HAD to let go of the stinking pedal.......and you know what happens when you just let go.......she BIT and JERKED and nearly tore the wheel out of my hand........Well sir, before the oncoming mini-van took my trunk lid for a cruise, I punched it again and put her in second.......burned the tires again.........A white car pulls up behind the mini-van, and I thought I'd had it..........looked like an ol' reliable local boy..........

But ALAS! Just a white car.........The sound I made comin' out of that corner was like a 3 car pile-up....I have NO idea how I made it without bein' noticed............

Snowbirds...........Love 'em. (I must admit, I haven't had an adrenaline rush like that in a LONG time!!) :burnout::burnout::rolleyes:

Jeepers creepers, THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAAA-CK........:protest:

Seriously, I love the folks who fly south for the winter, BUT the traffic increases in my home town by what some say is over 100%.......Feels like more.......The lines of traffic on otherwise easy goin' roads look like freight trains, I'm tellin' ya. :dontknow:

I took my wife's bike to the shop for a tire......Came out to 54 from Allen Road, and it's a miserable intersection with NO light at all........Turn right, and you're OK.....turn left, and your life is in your hands......wouldn't you know......:sad2:

By the time the guy in front of me finally turned, I was already fit to be tied (my final frontier, don't you know...:banghead:).........My turn now to watch the birds keep a comin' and a comin'...........one way is clear, then the other is congested......on and on.........:angel10:

Finally, I timed my escape, and PUNCHED it !!! Forgot I had an A-Body with a potent 360 and a 3:55 in the back.......Went around the corner sideways and almost lost the back end to the opposite grass........she came around so fast that I HAD to let go of the stinking pedal.......and you know what happens when you just let go.......she BIT and JERKED and nearly tore the wheel out of my hand........Well sir, before the oncoming mini-van took my trunk lid for a cruise, I punched it again and put her in second.......burned the tires again.........A white car pulls up behind the mini-van, and I thought I'd had it..........looked like an ol' reliable local boy..........

But ALAS! Just a white car.........The sound I made comin' out of that corner was like a 3 car pile-up....I have NO idea how I made it without bein' noticed............

Snowbirds...........Love 'em. (I must admit, I haven't had an adrenaline rush like that in a LONG time!!) :burnout::burnout::rolleyes:

Hey My Mom and Dad are on thier way..........be careful

When I lived in the panhandle I always prefered the snowbirds to the unruly mobs that invaded the beaches from Memorial day to Labor day

Back when I lived in Silver Springs, we had an old couple that wintered there from Newark, N.J.
All they did was b*t%h about everything in Florida.
After listening to them for 2 1/2 winters I had enough. I told them I escaped to Florida for the weather and if they hated florida so much...do us all a favor and stay in Jersey!!
Never saw them again.

Man i just love Florida... but i do stay home in the winter time . my wife dad an step mom live in st pete she (pam) bitchs about the snowbirds all the time and tells the to go home an stay and she means it..

And we in the north have to deal with them when they fly back...

for all the miles these idiots drive going back and forth you'd think they'd learn to drive...get in the motor home and clog two lanes of traffic pulling hills at 35mph because they're afraid to go any faster, while a big truck who needs to go is trying to pull the hill in the left lane at fourty. Used to drive Pop nuts when he was the guy behind the wheel of the big truck. He'd be the third guy back who was trying to keep momentum and could pull the hill faster, buy now they all have him dropping a gear to keep his speed. In the meantime the four wheelers are playing dodge ball in traffic, trying to weave around everyone, just because the geezer can't bring himself to go the freakin' speed limit....

Yep, they bring their crap both ways.

-
Back