Solid lifter pushrods for "B" engine

-

BBBCUDA

Reaction score
I know measuring is best, but do you know of a company that sells a set for an "average" mild performance solid lifter cam set up? I want to put a solid in my 383, with a mild .500" lift, and would really like to just buy a set of pushrods versus pulling the engine down and have it sit for a week or two while I measure and order pushrods. Can anyone supply a length from the cup end to the tip? Thanks.

Who's adjustable rocker arms are you using.

An old set of Isky ductile iron adjustables. Thanks for the help, if I can get a measurement, I hope to find a set at our end of the year track swap meet.

An old set of Isky ductile iron adjustables. Thanks for the help, if I can get a measurement, I hope to find a set at our end of the year track swap meet.

I can't give you a measurement cuss I'm using Hughes roller tip rockers and I'm not sure anyone can. There are just to many deviations like different head gasket thicknesses between your engine and other peoples, slightly different lengths between different manu. of solid lifters and on and on. I think you're stuck measureing, contact Smith or Hughes and they will send you an adjustable pushrod, set it in place on just one lifter/rocker pair, as per their instructions, then courier the rod back to them and you should have your 16 push rods within 5 business days.

Well, thanks for the input anyhow. Doesn't look like I have an easy way out. Not a surprise with this car.

Here's a look at the Hughes on a B Block, I even used their push rods and faxxed them this picture of the measured adjustable. I had my rods 5 days later to Canada.

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 93
  • P1010002.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 86
Thank you both for your help. I guess if I find a set for cheap around those lengths at Sundays swap meet I could give them a try, but it appears that rocker manufacturers/lifter manufacturers vary alot. Thanks again.

Well, no cheap pushrods to be had, but I scored a new K&N 5" filter with the filetered top for $40, and a new looking BB Fluidamper for $50. Good swap meet day for me.

-
Back