Some good deals still exist

-

BBBCUDA

Reaction score
I thought I would share my recent purchase with you, which I consider a good deal. I live in Vt., so any decent older Chrysler product is pretty hard to find. My job sent me to a new area recently, and 100 feet off the main road, a blue Duster sat with a faded for sale sign in the windshield.

I finally stopped, and it's a 1971. (70 grill in it), 318 car origionally, it has had full 1/4 panels in the past, and the only remotely serious undercarriage rust is a hole in the drivers floor from a leaky wiper seal. The 318 is gone, and in it's place is a 1970 340, and a 4 speed. The 8-3/4" rear is a Sure-Grip 3.91 ratio. Other than a ratty carpet, the interior is decent, (black buckets). The dash pad is crappy, but came with a nice black replacement.

The car hadn't run since 2002, but just bolting the carb back down, (1975 2bbl intake), and hooking up the fuel line had it running with just a shot of gas down the carb, I was pretty darn surprised!

The owner had gotten married, had kids, and couldn't do a project car. I got it for $1,800, and I am tickled with my new purchase. Keep looking guys, they are out there!

I will try and get some pics this weekend. Don't get me wrong, it's no creampuff, but it's pretty darned good for the money. I've never owned a stick car, so I'm going to try and leave it 4-speed. ( A big block swap is planned).

002.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

-
Back