Somebody know this manufacturer?

-

DieWilde13

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i want to ask if somebody know this manufacturer?

http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/

Because i didn´t find really much feedback about his engines. For my opinion the longblock is really cheap!
Do anybody know the quality of his engines? Found only 1 feedback and that was positiv!
I think about to buy a 383 engine, but not really sure!
I asked him what he use to rebuild the engines and this is the aswer:

"This long block comes with the block, heads, and all the internals. The only thing you will need is the external covers. Such as oil pan, valves covers, intake. Ect...

The engine also includes a complete set of Felpro gaskets and a new Melling oil pump, as well as an unbeatable warranty.

The engine comes with a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. We cover parts and labor for the full 7 years. The standard labor rate that applies with this warranty is 50.00 per hour up to a max of 850.00 (This warranty also applies for self installation). The only thing that changes for self instalation is the amount of labor we cover. For self instalation we cover 15.00 a hour. We do however offer a Premium Warranty that will cover 85.00 per hour up to a max of 1200.00. The Premium warranty is a additional 350.00.( This warranty is for ASE certified installation only.)

This engine is built with premium pro stock aftermarket parts, they are as fallows. The pistons used are Federal Mogul or Sealed Power, Rings are Hastings, new Durabond hardened seats, Cloy's steel timing set, Elgin stainless steel valves, springs, keepers, retainers, rockers, push rods, lifters, nuts, fulcrums, and cam. The crank is reground and polished, and new Clevite77 over sized bearings are used. The blocks are baked, shotpeened, and magnafluxed Then the blocks are bored, and diamond honed. This same process is used on our cylinder heads. For performance options please feel free to give me a call.

175.00 shipping rate applies if you are located in California, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, These states also include a FREE lift gate service to your residence. The shipping cost would be 75.00 If you are located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or Montana, also a FREE lift gate service. If Your state was not listed above the shipping cost is 175.00 to a business with a fork lift or loading dock. Or 255.00 to a residence with a lift gate truck service so they can offload the engine for you. The approx. shipping time is 5 to 7 business days. If the engine is in stock. If we need to build the engine for you we will need 5 business days to complete the remanufacturing process."

I think that sounds good!? A 70000 mile warranty is a good cause too.

Much thanks for your reactions!

Sounds like a great deal but I always go to my own machinist. He knows I measure everything and I am very specific about what I want done. :) It's not cheap, but it's right. I have no knowledge of this firm, but that is not to say that they are top-notch or bottom of the barrel. Good luck!

Edit: I just noticed you are from Germany. So are most of my relatives. I say find someone local after you find exactly what want done to the block. Y'all give a darn about what you make and how you make it. Craftsmanship is still alive there. :)

Yes you are right, but this engine is not for me, it is for a good friend of mine who wants to change his 360 to an 383. And when you want to rebuild a used engine, he would have to buy one first which is not so cheap here in Germany, and when you build it up with the Parts used in that engine from rebuiltautoengines, it will cost much more to do it like that! So he can buy this one and can do a bit of Headwork etc. and will be much cheaper!

I think for that money it´s a very good basis, right?

-
Back