Something a little different at Keystone last weekend.

-
Cool, this week I want my car making a 9 second pass off the trailer 1st hit

Cool, this week I want my car making a 9 second pass off the trailer 1st hit

My very first pass in my Daytona was a 9.55 in a with a stock crank 440 with Indy heads. I was totally shocked because I kinda babied it. New car new engine so I took it easy. Next time out it was running 8.90’s.

My very first pass in my Daytona was a 9.55 in a with a stock crank 440 with Indy heads. I was totally shocked because I kinda babied it. New car new engine so I took it easy. Next time out it was running 8.90’s.
If I can be just under 2500 pounds I think my engine would put me in the 8's. I am shooting for under 3000 pounds with all steel body parts.
I still have more weight I can get out of the car too

If I can be just under 2500 pounds I think my engine would put me in the 8's. I am shooting for under 3000 pounds with all steel body parts.
I still have more weight I can get out of the car too

2500 pounds and the best handling car I’ve ever owned was fun, until it wasn’t. The super short wheelbase, a broken oil
Line, and lack of habit of using my parachute bit me in the butt.

That is awesome. I often wondered why old nascars don't show up more at tracks. I see rollers for 3k sometimes.
What was his best time? It should have more in it than I saw on the video, no?

That is awesome. I often wondered why old nascars don't show up more at tracks. I see rollers for 3k sometimes.
What was his best time? It should have more in it than I saw on the video, no?

That was his first time at the track. From what I hear with the high shift point dialing in a converter is the trick because of lack of torque. I’m sure they will get it dialed in. I had a friend that I met years ago at Keystone that switched his dirt car late model over to drag racing after he couldn’t pass the dirt racing physical. Very quiet guy till he knew you. He raced that car for years then bought a super come roadster from another one of my friends that quit racing. He died in that car making a pass when a pretty sure heart attack took his life. Great guy.

RIP Jim. Great guy, great friend.

IMG_2734.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2737.jpeg

I have only been to Keystone twice for Mopar races back in the 2000s but I believe your friend died while I was there for one them I remember them saying a roadster suffered a heart attack in the lanes and passed away. R.I.P.

that was another guy that died in the lanes. I lost to him on Saturday and he died in the lanes Sunday. Jim wrecked his roadster during his pass.

-
Back