Something good from something not so good....

-

Demonx2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had to have surgery this past Monday and it was supposed to be outpatient surgery where I would be released to go home shortly after the surgery was over. Well, the good Lord had a few other plans and when a few complications ensued, they ended up admitting me. It turns out I had a roommate in the room they sent me to. He had been in another room but due to some other issues, they had moved him to this room. Well, somehow amid nurses and technicians who took EXCELLENT care of us, we struck up a conversation. I don't recall how it came up, but in our discussions, we found out we both have a 69 Charger. And they are both medium green! Well, we didn't stop there and swapped stories of the other Mopars we both have and general bench racing from our hospital beds broke out. We even got the midnight male nurse in on the discussions!! I learned how he has some parts he wants to sell - parts that I am looking for!! So when I got released the next day, we swapped phone numbers, our wives agreed we are both nuts, and we have an agreement to go get well first, and then be in touch. The plan is I'll head up to his shop to check out his toys and hardware! So had I not been admitted and had he not had his room moved, we'd have never met. Instead, now we each have a new Mopar pal!!

Now that's cool right there, I don't care who you are.

Man!! With a great ending like that we should all get surgery...........Oh, wait a minute, we have FABO!!!!:rofl:

Cool story!
Sometimes things just happen/work out in life for no apparent reason.
Keep us updated on how it goes.......

I had to have surgery this past Monday and it was supposed to be outpatient surgery where I would be released to go home shortly after the surgery was over. Well, the good Lord had a few other plans and when a few complications ensued, they ended up admitting me. It turns out I had a roommate in the room they sent me to. He had been in another room but due to some other issues, they had moved him to this room. Well, somehow amid nurses and technicians who took EXCELLENT care of us, we struck up a conversation. I don't recall how it came up, but in our discussions, we found out we both have a 69 Charger. And they are both medium green! Well, we didn't stop there and swapped stories of the other Mopars we both have and general bench racing from our hospital beds broke out. We even got the midnight male nurse in on the discussions!! I learned how he has some parts he wants to sell - parts that I am looking for!! So when I got released the next day, we swapped phone numbers, our wives agreed we are both nuts, and we have an agreement to go get well first, and then be in touch. The plan is I'll head up to his shop to check out his toys and hardware! So had I not been admitted and had he not had his room moved, we'd have never met. Instead, now we each have a new Mopar pal!!

Karma works...Both ways!!
Great story! Glad you are both on the mend!!

Thx to all for the kind words. When I had to be admitted, I had no idea that the good Lord had a plan for me to gain a new pal. I thought it was pretty cool and a reminder to trust Him for all. Although I'll be out of commission for a few weeks while healing, the intent was to get this done now before the race season opens up. I just didn't know it would include bench racing in the middle of the night with a new pal and our nurse!!

After about 3 weeks, we plan to hook up and I'll update the post. I'm glad you guys found it interesting like I did. I'm sure you have lost of similar stories too...but both having 69 Chargers??!!! Cool!!

Thx to all for the kind words. When I had to be admitted, I had no idea that the good Lord had a plan for me to gain a new pal. I thought it was pretty cool and a reminder to trust Him for all. Although I'll be out of commission for a few weeks while healing, the intent was to get this done now before the race season opens up. I just didn't know it would include bench racing in the middle of the night with a new pal and our nurse!!

After about 3 weeks, we plan to hook up and I'll update the post. I'm glad you guys found it interesting like I did. I'm sure you have lost of similar stories too...but both having 69 Chargers??!!! Cool!!

No drag racing wheelchairs in the hallways !!

Great story with a happy ending! Mopar folks are the best.

Having just gotten out of surgery myself and after spending six days on a hospital room alone, that would have been heaven.

You story brought a tear to my eye. This guy sounds like best friend material, not often come by. Don't let an opportunity drift away for a chance at a best friend.

Then again the meds have me a little emotional too

This is a great story! I graduated in '68, was here 1 year in IL. Ten years or so later, I was delivering a car from IL to CA with Lee Smith. Driving down the freeway in the LA area and look over to my right and see a guy that I graduated with! We pulled over and said hello. It's a small world, you just never know.
Get well!

-
Back